Chapter Twenty Five.

Chapter Twenty Five.

Alena suddenly didn't feel as confident as she had felt a few moments ago when she had boldly asked Samuel to claim her. She was from where she lay still underneath his face froze on an expression she could only identify as surprise his entire being had frozen on top of her. His hands that had somehow travelled underneath the shirt she wore and now rested on her waist were frozen.

She felt stupid and she probably looked stupid as well. She didn't know if it was too soon for her to ask or if he didn't want to claim her. She felt her heart begin to shatter and break with every passing second at the thought of Samuel, her mate not wanting to claim her and be with her forever .She knew that she was no blonde haired beauty with big boobs and a skinny figure, she was curvy and had muscles surrounded her bones as well as being a small height.

She knew that Samuel had been with other women, they may not have meant anything to him but she knew that he had needs and she was beginning to realise that no matter how much the bond between them grew she wouldn't be able to satisfy him. The harsh truth of the situation hit her in the face like a tonne of bricks being thrown at her one after the other whilst her heart was ripped out of her chest and crushed it with no mercy.

Samuel didn't want her; he didn't find her attractive or satisfying in the slightest. She felt foolish for believing that he actual wanted her and knew that if it was for the mate bond forcing him to be with her he would had said goodbye to her a long time ago. She had stupidly allowed herself to fall in love with him and she doubted she would ever be able to fall out of love with him. She had no one to blame but herself for her reckless actions and now she had to suffer the outcome of rejection.

She released the tight hold she had on his hair and allowed her hands to fall at her side while she closed her eyes tightly, wishing with everything she had that she could disappear into the springs of the mattress and never to appear again. She wasn't sucked into to the mattress like she hoped and rather she had to face the humiliation of being rejected as Samuel continued to straddle her hips.

"Alena? What's wrong?" Samuel asked his voice thick with worry as she shook her head from side to side, for once she hated how his voice sounded and the effect he had on her and her body when her name rolled easily off of his tongue.

"Tell me please." His voice was a desperate plea from above her, a please that she didn't have the strength to resist as she opened her eyes and allowed the tears to roll down her cheeks. Samuel expression turned from one of confusion and worry to pain as his hands that cupped her cheeks began to hold her face gently while the pad of his thumbs rubbed the area under her eyes wiping away her salty tears.

She didn't understand why he was being so kind, gently and concerned if he didn't want her. She didn't know why he enjoyed playing with her feelings and getting inside her head, she was confusion and even more embarrassed that she had been moments ago as she breathed in a staggered breath.

"You don't want me." Her voice was barely above a whispered as her small hands balled into tight fists and pushed against his chest as she tried with all she had to push him off of her hips. She thought about using her magic but knew that that was a step to far, he had never used his wolf against her and she wasn't about to use her magic against him, no matter how much she wanted to.

"What?!" Samuel's voice was filled with nothing by surprise, as she looked up at him through her wet eyelashes.

"You don't want to claim me." She knew she sounded pathetic and weak and she probably looked it from where she lay shaking underneath him but her body wouldn't allow her to calm down as her emotions spiralled out of control.

Samuel continued to stare at her in disbelief as his mouth opened and closed as if he couldn't speak the words her wanted to. She watched a little fearful as her eyes flashed between there normal chocolate pools and dark pools. She knew that he was struggling against the hold her had on his wolf and although she knew that he would never hurt her intentionally she didn't know if he would be able to control himself if he was provoked too much.