Chapter Twenty Two.

Chapter Twenty Two.

Alena winced as Daniel gently slide his arms under her bruised and battered body before lifting her gently so that she rested on his knee. He brushed the hair away from her face as she looked up at him with unshed tears in her eyes, she knew that he understand what she felt, what she was feeling, she was an open book. His facial expression soften as he stood to his feet in one swift movement, her bloodied hands cradled on her lap and for once she didn't feel faint, she didn't feel sick she just felt empty.

The sudden realisation that she only had a week left was at the front of her mind, taking over every thought. She didn't understand how Adrian and all the other dark ones could know everything about her and yet they did. The oracles were supposed to be the most powerful of her kind and yet they didn't know that she only had a week left, unless they did and they hadn't told her. Her heart stung at the thought of more secrets being kept from her. She'd had enough of secrets and the trouble they caused, if she had known she was sure she would have been able to compose herself and throw her own magic at Adrian instead of going into a state of shock.

Once again she was weak and defenceless, she hadn't even tried to protect herself from his attack and that was annoying her to no end. How was she supposed to protect everyone from the dark ones if she couldn't even protect herself from Adrian who stood alone, she was stronger than he was with the prophecy fuelling her magic so she could have easily beaten him and yet she hadn't.

"Alena, can you hear me? Say something please." Dean's voice brought her out of her thoughts as she looked to see him jogging at Daniel's side, his face filled with worry, the anger still evident behind his eyes but he didn't look like he wanted to kill someone anymore.

She weakly nodded her head as she focused on her bloody hands. She could see fragments of glass sticking out of her palms and finger tips, she had expected to feel pain, a burning sensation coming from her wounds but instead she felt nothing, nothing but emptiness as the two boys jogged through the school, avoiding the corridor that she had run through that was filled with glass and lockers turned over. A reminder of just how useless she was.

"I'll drive, you take her," Daniel said as he held her away from his body and she felt another set of arms wrap around her, careful of her back that she was sure was bruised and held her to his warm, bare chest, "Samuel's meeting us at the house."

As she heard the name of her werewolf mate something within her snapped. It was as if her emotions and self-control had been walking along a thing rope over water and at the sound of Samuel's name she had misplaced her foot and she was falling towards the sea. She felt the cold water envelop her body as she was thrown once again into the deep end. Her emotions catching up on her as she began to cry into Dean chest as he easily slide into the back seat of Daniel's care, he tightened his hold on her fragile body as he cradled her to him, his hand running through her knotted hair as the other rubbed her knee in a circular motion, he was trying to comfort her and although she found a small amount of comfort from her protector he wasn't who she needed right now.

"My pack are running alongside the car." Dean spoke to Daniel as he continued to sooth her.

"My pack has her house surrounded and everyone had been told to stay on their toe, who knows where he went." Daniel voice seethed as she cringed a little. She mentally told herself never to get on the bad side of Daniel or any werewolf for that matter.

"We need to work out a system; it's obviously not safe at school anymore." Dean and Daniel seemed to be in Alpha mode now as they spoke about her safety.

She tuned them out as she focused on blinking away the tears as they feel onto her lap, her jeans had a few rips but nothing compared to what could have happened, she shook her head at the thought.