Chapter Twenty-six

Harry’s POV 

“Slow down you two; no sex in the pool,” Louis’ voice annoying interrupted.

I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but I was the one who told him to come here in the first place. He said he had something to tell me, so it better be pretty damn important or I’m not going to be very happy.

“You said thirty minutes?” I questioned him.

“Sorry, I was early. I didn’t expect to find…whatever the fuck this is. Now can we talk?”

“I’ll be right back, baby,” I told Gabby before climbing out of the pool.

I followed Louis into the men’s locker room and waited for the door to close before speaking.

“What did you need?” I asked trying to get to the point quickly.

“It’s about you and Gabby,” he started.

“Okay…” I pushed him on.

“I know I promised you I wouldn’t say anything, and I haven’t, but they know something’s up, Harry. It’s not going to be long before word gets to someone higher up.”

“I know, I’m working on it.”

“You’re not working fast enough.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“You need to breakup with her, pass the job on to one of us. We’ll take care of her.”

I sighed, “I know you will.”

“So then do it.”

“I can’t.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s not that simple.”

“And what makes it complicated?”

“What makes it complicated? Are you serious?”

“All you have to do is tell her it’s over,” he shrugged like it was no big deal.

“Dammit,” I raised my voice, punching the lockers next to me. “I can’t do that…I can’t.”

“Harry, I know it’s hard, but-”

“No, you don’t know. You don’t know how happy she makes me. You don’t know how hard it is to even think about leaving her. You don’t know how it feels to love someone so much that it hurts.”