Chapter Thirteen

“Gabriella, what are you doing?” my father snapped.

“Dad, it’s not what it looks like,” I tried to explain.

“Really? Because it sure looks like you’re wearing his shirt, sitting on the counter, making out, and probably were up in your bedroom before you came down here doing God knows what.”

Harry didn’t look in the direction of my father, he just stared at the ground and tried to comfort me by rubbing my leg on the side my dad couldn’t see.

“It’s true, they were in her room,” Mikey chimed in.

“I swear to God, Mikey, if you don’t get out right now I’m calling the police.”

“Just go, thank you for letting me know about this,” my dad said to Mikey.

“No problem, pops.”

Once Mikey had left for good, I hopped down from the counter and stood in front of Harry with my arms across my chest. I can’t believe him.

“Why are you listening to that prick?” I questioned angrily.

“Well obviously he was right! And I don’t think you get to ask the questions young lady! What is this?”

“What are you talking about? This,” I motioned between Harry and me, “is a relationship.”

“You told me he-”

I looked at my dad sternly, hoping he would stop himself. Harry doesn’t need to know about that, not anymore; we got past it.

“I want him out,” my dad snapped.

I scoffed, “You’re kidding me.”

“Now, Gabriella.”

“You said yourself that you can’t tell me who to date!”

“I can tell you who’s allowed in the house. Out, now.”

“I can’t believe you,” I said shaking my head.

I took Harry’s hand in mine and tugged him past my father into the sitting room.

“You’re staying here!” my dad yelled after me.

“Unfortunately!” I shot back.

Harry followed me to the front door without protest. I’m surprised he hadn’t beaten the crap out of Mikey even though he left when we told him to. I stopped at the front door and let go of Harry’s hand.

“Will you wait for me?” I whispered.

“What?” he asked confused.