Chapter Seventy-two

Harry’s POV

“Not tonight, I don’t have enough time. I should go now actually,” I replied, making it sound more rushed than I intended it to be.

“Why?” Gabby questioned.

“I told you, it’s complicated.”

 “At least tell me why you can’t come back with me, and don’t say it’s complicated,” she demanded whilst crossing her arms over her chest.

I sighed, “I think I’m still being watched.”

“You wanted to have sex in my car when you think someone’s watching you?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“No.”

I think I would have a hard time trying not to beat the shit out of anyone that saw her body the way I have. Hell, I would take someone down if they even tried to touch her or make a move on her.

“I snuck out of the hotel through the back so if someone is watching me, they wouldn’t have seen me leave,” I explained as I brought my hands under the fabric of her shirt, trailing my fingertips along her sides.

Her body shivered under my touch as my fingers ran along her spine, goosebumps arising on her sensitive skin. She placed her lips against mine, swiping her tongue over my bottom lip. I granted her entrance, allowing her to massage my tongue with hers.

“I really have to go, baby,” I told her as I pulled back reluctantly.

“Can I at least drive you back?” she pleaded.

“I don’t think-”

“Please, Harry. If someone’s really following you who knows what could happen if you walk back?”

She had a good point; I just don’t want her getting dragged into this when she doesn’t need to be involved. Just like she said, who knows what could happen if she does get pulled into it.

I don’t even want to have to think about that being a possibility. That’s why I’m keeping distance from her and the lads. I know that they can look after her while I can’t and I trust them enough to believe that they’ll keep her safe.

“Please,” she repeated quietly.

“Okay, but just this time. You can’t try to find me either.”

“Why is it such a big deal if I’m around you? If they’re after you, then what does it matter that I’m with you wherever you are?”

“Because if someone’s trying to hurt me, they’ll know what would hurt me most; more than physical pain.”

“What do you mean?”

“They will know that losing you would be the worst thing that could happen to me. You’re what matters most to me and I don’t want to risk anything happening to you.”

“Well I don’t want anything to happen to you either. I just spent the last three days thinking that I…that you were…”

“You know that I’m okay now.”

“But what if you’re not tomorrow?”

I brought my thumb up to her cheek to wipe away the tear that slipped down her face.

“I’m going to be fine, Gabby. If I start to think something’s going to happen, I’ll come find you. Okay?”

She nodded lightly. I could tell she was holding back more tears, but I was glad that she wasn’t letting them fall this time.

It’s never fun to see her crying, but right now is even worse because even though I want to be with her, holding her and telling her that everything’s going to be okay, I can’t and I don’t want to be the reason that she’s crying. Seeing her upset is already hard enough to handle.

“You really have to go right now?” she quizzed.

“Yeah, I do. I want to spend more time with you, believe me, I do. But I think I should get back to Melissa; she’s been alone for a while now,” I explained.

“Okay…yeah, you’re right; you should be with her.”

Gabby climbed back over the centre console to the driver’s side and put her seatbelt on. She turned the keys in the ignition as I put my own seatbelt on.

“Where am I taking you?” she asked before pulling out of the parking lot.

* * *

Gabby pulled into a parking spot at the hotel and turned off the car. She started to unbuckle her seatbelt and unlock the doors.

“What are you doing?” I questioned.

“I have to use the bathroom, so I’m going inside with you,” she answered before opening the door and getting out of the car.

I followed her into the hotel and pointed in the direction of the bathrooms in the lobby. She gave me a light smile and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to me just before turning to go in the direction of which I had pointed.

After standing there for a few seconds, I glanced over to the way Gabby had went and ended up doing a double take when I saw the shoes that I’ve seen around me too many times for it to be a c coincidence.

Without thinking it through, I walked quickly over to Gabby and grabbed her arm, pulling her along the hallway to the stairwell at the end of the hall.

“I thought I wasn’t supposed to be coming with you?” Gabby asked as I rushed her up the steps behind me.

“You aren’t, but I don’t think it’s very safe down there,” I told her.

“Did you see the person that’s been following you?”

“I don’t know, but I saw something. That’s all you need to know.”

“Harry, I’m not doing the secrets again. It’s a yes or no question,” she pressed on as I led her down the hall to my hotel room.

“I honestly don’t know for sure. It’s just a hunch that I have. You can use the bathroom in here and then go home when you’re done.”

“What about Melissa?”

“I guess you’re about to meet her…if she’s awake…”

“What if she doesn’t want me in there? Like, what if she’s not ready for more people yet?”

“I don’t know…we’ll find out.”

I am so incredibly sorry for not updating. I've been really busy and I had a LOT of homework. I'm going to try to update every chance that I get. Love you guys! <3 xx