*Chapter Seventeen*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.17*

Austin’s POV:

My hands traveled to the back of Sereya’s neck as I pulled her in closer, deepening the kiss. Right after my hands roamed down to the small of her back, she pulled away.

I stared at her, confused and impatient. “What’s wrong?”

She scooted back to her seat; somehow, she had managed to move into the same chair as me. “I don’t want to keep doing this,” she sighed, looking down.

“What? Why not,” I asked clearly surprised.

“No, no…not that. I just don’t want to keep doing it like this.”

I thought about it for a while, still baffled until it finally hit me. “Oh, you mean Angel.”

“Yes…you have a girlfriend. I don’t want to be the girl who you’re cheating on her with, no matter how much I don’t like Angel, it’s still wrong. I wouldn’t want my boyfriend cheating on me, so why am I participating in this? Not only that but I don’t want to be the second place girl,” she said sternly as she looked right into my eyes.

I noticed the hurt look on her face. “You’re right. I’m sorry; I guess I didn’t see it like that. Sereya, you’re not second place and I don’t want you to think that’s what you are to me.”

“I’m glad you understand,” she said as she straightened her shirt out.

Before I could respond, I heard “Speakers Going Hammer” ringing in the air. I rolled my eyes and picked up my cell from the table next to me.

Perfect timing, I thought sarcastically.

“Hey Angel.”

“Hey baby,” she perkily cheered.

Sereya lounged back in the chair, crossing her arms, as if proving her point.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to know if you could come over. That girl should be long gone by now, right?”

I sideway glanced at Sereya.

Just then, my mom walked out of the house. “Sereya honey, your father’s here. Austin, why are you on the phone? That is no way to treat your guest. Oh, and Sereya I baked some chocolate chips cookies for you. Grab several of them before you leave honey,” she announced loudly.

Dang it!

“What! She’s still there? What the heck is that about? I’m tired of this, and your mom made cookies for her? Lovely,” Angel barked before hanging up on me.

I rolled my eyes and groaned before I grabbed Sereya’s bag for her, and followed her into the kitchen where my mom handed her a rather large bag of cookies. I watched as my mom then squeezed Sereya into a tight, motherly hug. “I want you to know that you can come over any time you want honey,” she smiled.

“Thank you,” Sereya replied, making quick eye contact with me.

My dad walked into the room, shocked to see Mr. Williams standing in our living room.

He strolled over to pat his back saying “Well, how are you taking that stone cold defeat?”

Mr. Williams let out a hearty laugh. “Ah, Nate! Let me be,” he joked.

“Hello Mr. Williams,” I greeted him.

“Hey son,” he bellowed. “Did you take care of my little girl?”