*Chapter Twenty-Five*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.25*

Sereya’s POV:

“Well then. I absolutely respect that,” Sterling stated.

“Dang girl, you know what you want…I like that,” Jordan smiled.

Sterling cut a glance at Jordan, but then let it go and drew his attention back to me.

“Just for future reference, you won’t ever have to worry about that with me,” Sterling spoke, as he covered his hand with mine.

I stole a quick look at Jordan. The left side of his mouth quirked up in a smile, as he rolled his eyes and winked at me.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Was I supposed to understand some kind of signal?

“Okay! Please make your way back over here,” Mr. Cory shouted, interrupting my thoughts.

Everyone scrambled to pull their chairs back into the circle. I sat in between Asia and Janelle. When Trey took a seat next to Asia, I was reminded of his presence. Once Jayden stood in front of them, Trey scooted a seat down to let Jayden slide in the chair next to Asia.

Hmm…what was that about?

“What we’re going to do now is a new segment called What Would You Do? Basically, you will each be given a scenario and you will have to tell the group what you would do in the situation. After you give us your opinion, we will discuss the Christian way to respond to the incident.”

He went around in the circle, handing us each a little square white card. “They each have a number on the back so we will go in order. When it is your turn, read the card and tell us how you would react. Don’t read them to yourselves yet because I want to know what the first thought is that comes to your mind. Okay, number one, go.”

A tall freshman named Jamal stood up. “You’re in the mall shopping when you notice your friends stuffing clothes in their bags. You don’t steal anything, but you stand there watching. What would you do,” he read.

After a moment of thinking, he shared his answer. “Well, I wouldn’t steal anything; I’d just walk out the store with them. I’m not going to snitch, but I wouldn’t take part in it either.”

“That’s all well and good, but if you walk out of the store with them, you’re an accessory because you witnessed it and left the store with them. You would go to jail because of that. The right thing to do is to chuck up the deuce and walk away in the opposite direction. Next!”

Three more people read their scenarios until it was Asia’s turn. “You’re at a party where there is teenage drinking. After a while, your best friends start drinking as well. Later on, someone offers you a drink. You refuse, but then they try to convince you saying that it’s only one drink and that you should lighten up and have some fun. What do you do?”

Without hesitation, Asia delivered her answer. “First of all, I don’t need to drink to have fun. Second, just because it’s one drink doesn’t mean anything because you never know how your body will respond to alcohol. Third, nothing anyone says can make me do something that I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing and lastly, anything I can do under the influence, I can do above, so why bother?”

This received applause from Mr. Cory. “I couldn’t have said it better myself.”

After the applause died down, I stood up, turned my card over and started reading. “You’ve been having a beef with a boy/girl for a while now. One day you catch your girlfriend/boyfriend kissing the person you don’t like. What do you do?”