*Chapter Sixteen*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.16*

Austin’s POV:

All throughout first period I had strained to keep my eyes off of Sereya, but now it was time for lunch. I had tried to avoid her the whole day, but she kept smiling at me. I kept telling myself that she’s just a little distraction that I can’t afford to keep focusing on. She’s not the girl for me, and I knew that. So why is it so hard for me to forget about her?

“Hey sexy,” Angel slurred, walking up and giving me a long kiss.

“Well dang, someone’s happy,” I beamed, as I slung my arm around her shoulders and led her down the hallway.

“Of course I am, yesterday was very fun,” she smiled slyly.

“It was alright,” I teased.

“Just alright,” Angel yelled.

“Babe, I’m just kidding, it was…entertaining,” I winked.

“That’s much better,” she said, moving closer to me as we stepped inside the cafeteria.

Ahhh! This is how it should be. Just me and Angel…the most popular couple in the school. No girls getting into my head. No more love games. No more side kisses from---

“Hey,” Sereya chirped.

Angel wrapped her arm around my waist, eying Sereya down.

“Hey,” I mumbled nervously.

“Are you still gonna drive me over to your house after school,” Sereya asked.

Crap! I forgot all about the stinkin project!

“Oh yeah…sure…whatever. Just meet me by your locker after school,” I muttered, before I quickly walked away from Sereya, pulling Angel closer.

“What the heck,” Angel said annoyed.

“I’ll explain later,” I shrugged.

Sereya’s POV:

You have got to be kidding me! What the crap? He totally blew me off, I thought, as I walked to my table.

“Girl, what was that about,” Asia asked as soon as I sat down.

“I can’t believe it. He just straight up gave me the shoulder. He acted like I was nobody,” I complained.

“You’re joking right,” Janelle asked in disbelief.

“Dang…I feel so stupid,” I sighed.

“Don’t worry Sereya, it’s probably because Angel was standing next to him,” Marcus offered.

“Whatever! Bump Angel! He can’t just treat her like that. He better be lucky I wasn’t standing there, or I would have grabbed Angel by her tracks just to drag her off his hip,” Asia screamed.

“Dang girl, don’t worry, it’s nothing,” I laughed.

“Yeah girl, dang, keep your Christianity,” Janelle said, trying to calm Asia down.

“Sorry, but I don’t play when it comes to some jerk trying to hurt my baby’s heart,” Asia said, reaching over to hug me.

“One very important thing I learned is not to make someone a priority when they only make you an option,” I said, giving one more look at Austin and Angel making out, and rolling my eyes.