*Chapter Ten*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.10*

Sereya’s POV:

I slowly trudged towards the refrigerator, wiping sleep from my eyes.

“Good morning honey,” my mom said, eating an omelet.

“Good morninggg,” I mumbled.

“It’s noon. You better be getting ready. That young man Austin is coming over so your father can meet him. Plus you have to work on your project young lady.”

“Oh my gosh!!! I totally forgot! Ahhh,” I shouted, and sprinted out the room, leaping up the stairs.

I picked out my outfit carefully, making sure I would look great today. Then, I rushed into the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, put on some jewelry, applied chap stick, then applied lip gloss, and looked in the mirror.

I agreed that how I looked was acceptable for today’s occasion. It was now a quarter till noon. I checked my cell phone to see if I had any new messages. There was one from Austin:

Good morning. I should be over in a few. ~YoungKing

The message was sent around 3 minutes ago, so I replied saying okay and headed down stairs.

Right after I plopped down on the couch, the door bell rang.

“Dad! He’s here,” I shouted, while fixing my hair once again.

“Here we go,” my dad said while walking to the door.

“Chris, please behave,” mom stated.

My dad reached out and opened the door. Austin and a middle-aged man stood outside, on the porch.

“Hello, I’m Mr. Williams, Sereya’s father,” my father greeted.

The man stretched out his arm to shake my dad’s hand. Then Austin shook his hand, too.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Mr. Jackson. This is my son, Austin. I understand that your daughter and my son are going to be working on a project together,” Mr. Jackson told my dad.

“Oh yes, please come in. We can discuss this inside.”

Austin stepped inside, followed by his dad.

“Hello, I’m Mrs. Williams. Have a seat,” my mother introduced.

“Hey Sereya,” Austin smiled.

“Hey,” I smiled shyly, sitting next to my mother.

For the next few minutes my parents and Austin’s father basically talked about how often Austin and I would meet, and discussed the locations. However, after they finalized those plans, the conversation somehow turned over to sports. Turns out, my father and Austin’s father are rooting for different teams for the Super Bowl.

“Oh noooo! Steelers are most definitely going to win,” my father shouted.

“Man, I’m sorry to tell you but Packers are going to destroy your puny Steelers,” Mr. Jackson shouted back.

My father let out a hearty laugh.

I made eye contact with Austin; he was just staring at me.

“Sereya, Austin, you two go to the family room and start doing your work. I have a feeling they’re going to be at this for a while,” my mom said, rolling her eyes.

I obeyed my mother’s instructions and led Austin to the family room. I told him to get comfortable while I went upstairs to get my book bag.

I came back down and found him laying back in the recliner.