*Chapter Twenty-Four*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.24*

Sereya’s POV:

“Well then,” I sighed, swimming over to the wall. I climbed up and sat down on the ledge.

Jordan swam over and joined me. “So, I’m guessing you like Austin a lot,” he said softly, as he gently nudged me with his elbow.

“Well, I like him and Sterling. I mean, Sterling’s really sweet and charming and…amazing…and Austin is….Austin.”

“Haha yeahhh…he’s something. So what’s the problem? Why are you so down,” Jordan asked concerned.

I let out a heavy sigh. “Okay, so at my Super Bowl party we were all playing Truth or Dare, and my dare was to kiss someone in the room, and I chose Austin over Sterling. Well, Sterling felt like that was a slap in the face since I chose Austin when Austin was going out with Angel anyway. The whole time though, Austin and I had a thing when he was going out with Angel, but then I told him that I didn’t want to do that since he was going out with her. ” I took a deep breath then continued.

“So then, Sterling and I started hanging out more, and he’s super sweet so of course I started falling for him again. But then there was that whole incident with Angel in the cafeteria and I got mad at Austin because he didn’t do anything about it. So Sterling and I have been hanging out, and I told him that I have feelings for both him and Austin, and I already know that they got mad at each other over me, and I don’t want them to fight over me because they’re best friends.”

By the time I was done, Jordan’s eye brows were raised in shock and overwhelm. “Umm…wow, that’s a lot.”

I nodded.

“Okay, let me try to put my thoughts into a girl’s perspective. Hmm…it seems like you like both of these boys a lot. So let me give you some advice: If you don’t want to lose them, you need to make up your mind soon. Honestly, no matter what kind of person he is, he’s still a teenage boy and he’s not going to wait forever for you to choose who you want. I strongly advise you to try to wrap up your feelings and sort everything out with them,” Jordan pursued.

I thought about it for a while. I had to face it; he was completely right.

“Dang, thanks. I really needed to hear that. How is it that I can know you for less than an hour, and yet you still understand exactly where I’m coming from? That’s just simply amazing.”

“Well, I just told you what I would feel if I was one of those boys in that position. Plus, I saw that you really had your mind wrapped around this, and if I can’t get you, I’ll let another lucky guy have you,” he said before he stood up and leapt into the pool.

I smiled at the water, and jumped in behind him.

* * * * *

“Boy, stop playing! Nobody wants to see all of that,” I shrieked as we all climbed out of the pool.

“Yeah right! You know you were staring at my six pack,” Jordan said.

I laughed, “Just because I might have noticed it doesn’t mean I was gawking at it.”

I walked over to my seat and threw on my cover up. I noticed Asia and Trey walking very close to each other as they lingered behind us, deep in conversation.

“Sereya, where are you and Asia going after this,” Kevontae asked.

“Umm...we have Teen Night at my church at seven tonight so we will be leaving around six-thirty. By the way, why haven’t you shown up lately, mister,” I asked, turning to him.