*Chapter Twelve*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.12*

Sereya’s POV:

“Mom! Janelle and I are leaving! Asia’s mom is outside and ready to take us to church,” I screamed, grabbing my purse.

My mom came running down the stairs. She ran over to open the door. Janelle and I stepped out of the house and my mom stood on the porch, waving to Mrs. Brown.

“Hello girls,” Mrs. Brown greeted us as Janelle and I climbed into the back seat.

“Hi Mrs. Brown,” we chimed.

We drove off, chatting away.

My cell phone vibrated, and the screen read 1 New Text Message from Sterling.

I opened it up anxiously.

Hey. I’ll be at your church in 15 mins. ~SterlingSilver

I replied excitedly.

Okay, and looking 4ward to seein youJ ~LilMzSwagga

* * * * *

“Hey girls! You know the drill, get some food and we’ll start in ten minutes,” the Youth Minister, Cory, stated.

We waltzed over to the table of piles of junk food. I grabbed some wings, chips, cookies, Reese’s, and a can of Sprite.

As I was walking to my seat, someone behind me said, “Hey”.

I turned around to see Sterling. I set my food down and squeezed him into a friendly hug.

“Hey! Let me introduce you to Mr. Cory,” I shouted.

I led Sterling over to where Mr. Cory was talking with a group of middle schoolers.

I waited a while before introducing Sterling.

“Mr. Cory, this is my friend, Sterling, from school. He’s here to learn more about how to be a Christian,” I grinned.

Mr. Cory shook Sterling’s hand. “Hey, that’s real good. We’re just going to talk about our teenage experiences and how to avoid temptation. Hurry up and grab some food, we’re about to start!”

I noticed that Marcus had come in, and was seated on the left side of Janelle.

I sat down next to Janelle, and Sterling plopped down next to me.

“Okay! Time to start! Let’s began with prayer. Michael will you lead us in prayer?” Mr. Cory announced.

A junior named Michael said a prayer and then we began our Teen Night session.

“I see we have about five new faces, so why don’t we all start by standing up and stating your name, grade, why you’re here, and one thing you think we should know about you,” Mr. Cory stated.

He stood up at his seat. “I’ll start. My name is Cory Jones. I’m a senior in college. I am here to be a role model to teenagers because I know that I struggled with being a Christian teenager. Lastly, one thing you should know about me is that I will keep it real with you.”

He sat down and one by one each person stood up and introduced themselves. Asia introduced herself, then Marcus took the stand.

“What’s up? My name’s Marcus. I’m in the tenth grade. I’m here to learn more about Jesus and one thing you should know about me is that…I’m Janelle’s man,” Marcus said.