*Chapter Twenty-Six*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.26*

Sereya’s POV:

We got ourselves situated, lying in different directions on my bedroom floor.

“Man, I can’t believe you guys are making me sleep down here,” I whined. “I should be on my bed!”

“Not anymore. We all used to be able to fit on your bed but since we can’t anymore we all have to sprawl out down here. It just wouldn’t be fair,” Asia smiled.

I shook my head in disapproval.

“Okay…who wants to start talking first? Obviously there are a lot of new changes, so we better start yapping,” Janelle stated.

“I’ll go first,” Asia volunteered, as she clutched Mr. Carrot, the rabbit she’s had since she was three.

We turned and listened to her attentively as she shared. “Okay so you know how I just met Trey today,” she started. We nodded our heads. “Well we were talking like all day non-stop and I kind of developed some feelings for him.  Don’t worry though; I know that it’s only been one day so I knew it wasn’t really anything serious but we just became so attached to each other. It’s crazy!”

“Then, at Teen Night today, I went in a group with Malia, the freshman that always leads songs in the choir, and then Trey came over and asked to be in our group. She didn’t have a problem with it, but I was kind of hesitant because Jayden was near. So all throughout the time that we were all sharing, Trey and I kept sneaking glances at each other, like continuously. Honestly, I couldn’t even tell you one thing that poor Malia was talking about!”

We laughed at Asia’s distracted ways.

“But then it got weirder when Trey shared that he likes this girl, but she’s his best friend’s girlfriend. After that, I tried to distance myself from him, but it just got extremely harder because I knew for certain that he has feelings for me. Later, I was talking to Jayden and you could obviously tell that he was jealous. I just don’t know what to do,” Asia poured out.

Janelle and I stared at our confused friend.

“Well, do you really think that you like Trey or do you think you were just flirting because he seems interested,” Janelle asked.

“I don’t know,” Asia shrugged. “I mean he’s fine and he seems sweet but I guess I like Jayden more. I don’t want to break up with Jayden, and I don’t want this boy I’ve known for a day to ruin the relationship we have.”

“I think you know what you have to do,” I suggested.

“Yeah you’re right. No more Trey…well at least for right now. No more Trey until everything gets perfect again with Jayden,” Asia agreed.

Just then my mom barged into the door. She made her way into my room and hopped onto the bed.

“Well since no one is sleeping on this comfortable thing, I guess I will,” she said.

“We’ve all gotten too big that we can’t all fit on it anymore, so we decided to sleep down here. Best Friend Rule Number One: Never leave a soldier behind. Where one goes, we all go,” I recited.

My mom laughed as she eased off of the bed. “Okay, well girls Mr. Williams and I are going to go to bed. You all know where everything is, so only wake us up if there is an emergency.”

“Yes ma’am,” we chimed.

Before leaving, my mom came over to kiss us all on our foreheads. “Goodnight girls,” she said as she walked out of the door.