*Chapter Four*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.4*

Sereya’s POV

What the heck?!?!? I. Am. Paired. With. Austin. Jackson! Ugh! What am I gonna do? Think…think…think! Oh! I got it! I will just ignore him as much as possible and hopefully we will get this done super quickly.

“So what’s our topic?” Austin asked curiously.

Trying to avoid eye contact, I slid the index card over to Austin while looking to the left of him.

“Well. This should be interesting. We got assigned the topic of domestic violence. I’m thinking we should make a powerpoint or a poster with all the facts and stuff,” Austin suggests.

“Um…no. I am a straight-A student and we have to do more than just the average work. We aren’t doing a power point and we aren’t doing a poster…were gonna do both,” I demand and reluctantly look up at him to deliver my point.

“Whatever you say. All I want to do is please you,” Austin says slyly.

For some reason what he says make my heart flutter and I feel all gushy inside. So far… not good. 

Austin’s POV

Dang! She is so beautiful. Yes! Two weeks with this fine girl. WHEW!!! I’m going to have a really good time.

Buzzzz! I was shocked from my phone vibrating. I told all my guys not to text me when I’m in Mrs. Thomas’ class; she is way too strict. I slowly sneak my cell phone out and read the text:

From: Angel

Eww! I can’t believe Mrs. T paired you up with that wannabe. Look at her. She is so lame! Sorry baby. I feel SO sorry for you.

I looked across the room and glared at Angel. She gave me an innocent look. I rolled my eyes and gave my full attention to Sereya.

“Ok so let’s plan for when we’ll meet up,” Sereya said, still completely focused on the project.

“Hmm…so what you’re really trying to say is that you’re excited to spend time with me,” I grinned, leaning in closer to Sereya.

“Wow, for a second I thought you were a pretty sweet guy, but no…you’re just full of yourself aren’t you?” Sereya said, closing her notebook and packing up.

“Wait, where are you going?” I asked confused.

“Look, I don’t have time for all this. You have an ego too big for me to work with and if this is going to be a problem then I will ask Mrs. Thomas for a partner change,” she said firmly.  Just then, I could see how much this girl really differed from the rest of the Walker High girls. No other girl would have set me straight like this. This was a complete shock to me!

“Oh. I’m real sorry. I didn’t mean to tick you off. I will give you my word. I promise to try not to let my ego get in the way of your grade. I also promise to try not to flirt with you so much until you’ve reached the point that you can’t even stay focused on the project and you find yourself day dreaming about me and you together, when you should be finding the statistics on domestic violence with teens,” I agreed.

I looked up to see Sereya’s growl disappear and a crack of a smile come into existence. Once she saw that I noticed, she tried to redeem herself.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah…whatever. Let’s just start brainstorming.”

* * * * *

I gawked at Sereya as she rambled on about all her plans to perfect our project. I wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying; I was paying too much attention to her beautiful face.

After a while, Sereya stopped talking and leaned in towards me, staring into my eyes. “So tell me Mr. Jackson. Why should I give you this chance to work on this project with me,” she whispered.

“Well…because I know there’s a possibility that you just might fall for me, and I sure am hoping that one day I can have the privilege of being your man,” I said, smiling and looking deeply into her big brown eyes.

“Hmm…nice answer. Maybe, just maybe you could---,” Sereya stated before she was interrupted.

“Hey baby, are you going to walk me to my class?” Angel asked, sliding her arm across my shoulders and leaning in to kiss me. I hadn’t even noticed that it was time to switch classes.

I looked across the table to see Sereya packing up her things once again.

“Um…bye Sereya. I guess I’ll see you later,” I stuttered uncomfortably.

Before I could hear her response, Angel was pulling me out the door.

Sereya’s POV

I can’t believe this. I can’t believe that for a second I actually thought I would give Austin a chance. I can’t believe I was really starting to like him. I can’t believe I almost gave in to his lies. He almost had me…until reality slapped me in the face.

***Hello readers! I just want you guys to know that I COMPLETELY appreciate you. Please stop by my page and let me know what you think! I love you all...MWAHHH!***