*Chapter Nine*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch. 9*

Sereya’s POV:

“Sterling! What are you doing?” I screamed, jumping away.

“I’m sorry; I know…I’m moving too fast. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

“It’s okay. It’s just that I want to get to know you better before we move on like this. I mean, I just met you,” I said.

“You’re absolutely right. I learned my lesson, but can I at least have your number?”

“Yes, of course,” I laughed.

As we exchanged numbers Asia walked up and joined us, carrying three Aeropostale shopping bags.

“What did I miss?” she asked.

“Nothing really,” I said looking away.

She studied my expression for a while but then she let it go.

“Okay. Well let’s go meet Janelle in the food court; it’s almost time to leave.”

When we walked there, Janelle and Marcus were cuddled up in a booth, laughing away.

“Hey! Did you guys have fun?” Janelle asked.

“Girl! I racked up at all the stores I went to!” Asia shrieked with excitement.

Austin walked up to the group with a small white bag.

Pretty Girl Rock rang from my pocket. Sterling took my bags for me as I grabbed my cell phone.

“Hello…yes…food court…okay…bye,” I said into the phone. “That was my mom; she’s outside waiting for us.  Are you ready girls?” I asked.

“You guys are leaving now?” Marcus asked Janelle.

“Yes,” Janelle answered, frowning.

“We’ll walk you girls out,” Sterling volunteered.

We made our way out the door, and I spotted my mom’s car. We all walked over…including the boys.

“Hi mommy,” I said sweetly.

“Hello Mrs. Williams,” the girls said in unison.

“Hello girls, you can put your stuff in the trunk,” my mom replied, eying the boys suspiciously.

“Mommy, these are our friends from school, Marcus, Austin, and Sterling,” I said quickly.

“Hello Mrs. Williams,” they said.

“Hi boys. Did you guys get dropped off too?”

“Yes ma’am. My dad is coming to pick us up in a few,” Austin replied.

My nodded hesitantly.

“Oh yeah! Mom, this is Austin. He and I were assigned to be partners in Mrs. Thomas’ class. We’re going to have to work together sometime in the next two weeks,” I said.

Austin stepped up to shake my mom’s hand.

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Williams,” he stated.

“Nice to meet you, too. I’ll talk it over with Sereya’s father, and we will see what we can work out for where you two can meet up.”

“Okay ma’am,” Austin said.

I hopped into the car, and Sterling shut the door for me.

“Bye Sereya. Bye girls. Bye Mrs. Williams,” he said, taking a step back onto the curb.