Bookworm:

Trigger Warning: I don't think there are any but if there is please message me so I can put up a waring for future readers thank-you.

◇◆◇◆
Zola walks into the classroom her nose  already stuck in a book. It never ceases to amaze me how she can avoid every obstacle while still being intently focused on the words she is reading.

She sits down in her seat, still focused on the pages of the purple cover. I can't help but chuckle when the bell rings and she slowly puts the book in her bag, trying to soak up as much of  the words as she can. The teacher walks in demanding all the students attention. Zola pouts and puts the book away as carefully as possible. No one is allowed to touch any of her books. Especially if it's her copy, if you do you just declared World War three.

I shake my head, a small smile on my lips, and focus on Mr.Mathews. “Good morning class. Today will be a free day since it's Friday and everyone got their homework turned in yesterday,” the second the words “free day” come out of his mouth Zola has her book out and begins reading the words with excitement, “Electronics are allowed as well as visiting with friends,”he smiles before going to his desk and typing on his computer.

No one wastes time in taking out phones, Ipods, or tablets and sitting in groups. Zola doesn't even spare a glance at her phone that is lying on the corner of her desk. Smiling I get up and head in her direction. “Hey Z, you know we're allowed to have electronics out right?”I ask. She finishes reading her page before answering.

“Of course I heard I just don't care,”I chuckle. That's one of the many things that makes Zola so special. She doesn't care about what people have to say about her. She doesn't care when people call her a nerd or say she's boring. In fact she agrees with them then thanks them for “understanding” her personality. The look on the other persons face is always priceless. But that's just who Zola is. She's the girl in the back of the classroom, who wears all black, has a head of crazy curly brown hair, loves books more than anything, and only opens her mouth when someone has something to say about her. All the while ignoring all the whispers and insults thrown her way.

”Now go away the war between Atlantis and Greece has begun and I don't want to miss a second of it”she says waving her hand in dismal.

"I have no idea what you're talking about but you need to put the book down and socialize,”I say before ripping the thick book from her grasp.

She gasps in shock. “Ray, unless you want me to cut out your intestines, bake them into pretzels, and shove them down your throat. I suggest you give me the book back,”she threatens with a death glare. Never let her innocent face trick you, she's the devil in disguise.

“Okay I'm sorry here,” I put the book in her outstretched hand before putting my hands up in surrender.

The second the book is back in her grasp she smiles happily, opens the book, and continues reading as if she hadn't just threatened to bake my intestines into pretzels. I shake my head in disbelief.“Z, arn't you ever tired of book characters being your only friend besides me?”I ask. Sure the whole badass  bookworm thing is cute but the girl has no friends. I guess you can consider me a friend but for some dumb reason I only talk to her in our shared classes which is maths and social studies. I never so much as wave in her direction when we pass in the hallways. I know I'm an idiot.

She scoffs,”I'm not a people person. The last friend I had only lasted about a week. She ran home crying after I ripped her Barbie dolls head off infront of her group of friends”

I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion,”Why did you rip her dolls head off?”

She shrugs,”She ripped one of my Harry Potter books.”

I shook my head, of course she did what else could the poor girl have done? “Okay I need you to answer me honestly. Why do you love reading so much? They're just fictional stories. Don't you want to experience life while it lasts?”

She sighed,”That's the thing Ray. I read so much because they allow me to escape reality. I've had enough living to last me a lifetime.” the bell rings and she puts her headphones in, blasting MCR’s Teenagers so loud even I could hear it. Another attempt in blocking the world out. She gathers her things and leaves, her expressionless mask not once wavering.

That's another thing about Zola Collins: She's a mystery. And so is whether or not she's waiting to be solved or not.

◇◆◇◆
I know this is crap but oh well. Don't forget to comment and/or vote!
-Ambroslynn♡