Chapter 25: Regaining what's lost

Yeah, it's the next chapter update. And I have got the next one typed. I guess I'm going on an update-spree until I ran out of ideas, which hopefully is far away from now. This chapter is mostly canon, but with more insight to Yuki, her past, and her feelings. Enjoy~

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon. Part non-canon.

———————————————————
"What looks natural, might not be so easy to acquire. Perfection doesn't happen in one night." Shiroma Yuki.
———————————————————

"...Ganguro-san?" Yuki weakly muttered, finally regaining the piece of memories she lost. Her whisper was quiet, almost inaudible, it's not surprising when the addressed male didn't hear Yuki's call.

The key importance she lost that day on the pool. The air she noticed he carried when they first met at the rooftop. The arrogance that's practically brimming from his soul.

They are all present in the tanned male in front of her.

His presence alone should have annoyed her and prompted her to even avoid being in the same room as he was.

So why does Yuki feel differently?

"Tōō Gakuen member change!"

Momoi watches worriedly as Aomine stepped into the court, subbing in player number 10. He stretched just enough and wore his jerseys properly.

As soon as Aomine entered the court, everyone can tell how it's going to be different from here on out. Even ordinary basketball players can tell he's different.

'Aomine-niisan's presence is overwhelming... This isn't good.. Kagami is already exhausted..' Yuki inwardly noted, gritting her teeth.

"Yo, Tetsu. Long time no see." Aomine stopped before Kuroko. "I was wondering what face you'd make."

He grins ferociously. "I like it. You look ready to go."

Kuroko stood his ground. "Yes. I promised Momoi-san."

Aomine sniggers. "I more or less understand what you want to say, but you'll have to show me with your play."

"Well, either way.." He trailed off darkly. "Say it once you've beaten me."

"Yes." Kuroko replied with conviction.

Aomine walked past Kuroko, and Kagami. "If you can do it."

It irks Kagami, and he hissed. "Bring it on..! We'll show you right away..!"

The match restarted with Isolation, and the two team's aces one-on-one confrontation; Kagami and Aomine. One thing that stood out most from Aomine is probably his lightning-fast speed.

Even when Yuki knows Aomine is not showing his full potential, the only reason Yuki can confidently says she is faster than Aomine is for the fact that she is a girl. Her natural speed, light-weight and flexibility makes it easier for her to move speedily, although she can't say the same for staminas.

Haruto trained Yuki in a way to further improve her inherent traits while enhancing her senses. Which is why Yuki had been undergoing numerous trainings to make her legs one of the quickest there are on Earth. It's not easy, and it takes time.