Chapter 4: Yuki's Days Off

The day after a certain promise to beat one particular group was made, a certain energetic red head is just too excited that he was out playing basketball so early in the morning.

On the other hand, Yuki is still asleep at home. Sleeping in without a care for the world.

Yuki is free for the day, and also the next day. Why?

Because Riko said so.

————————————————————

Flashbacks..

As Riko and Yuki walks into the porch of their respective home, Riko turns as she realised she'd forgotten to tell Yuki something.

"Ah! Yuki!" Riko called Yuki who immediately turns to face Riko, blinking.

"I almost forgot! We won't be having any practice for two days! You did say that most of the freshmen would drop out, right? I'm planning to make them do something to prove their resolution..! A trial of some sort!" Riko explained with excitement.

Yuki nods in understanding, but she's curious about one thing.

"Ne, Riko-nee? Why two days? Isn't one day enough?" Yuki asked, skeptical.

Riko froze at that, a bead of sweat trickled down her cheek.

"..A-ah.. You see.." Riko then explained sheepishly.

While Yuki had this blank stare though out Riko's explanation. Apparently, this 'trial' Riko is planning isn't really legal in the school's eyes.

And Riko knows that. In fact, her team did it the year before, and got scolded, despite being already a high schooler. From her experiences that day, the basketball club's after school activities would be forcefully cancelled by the school in an attempt to make the offenders reflect on their misdeeds.

Which means.

One day free of practice from Riko to let one decide whether or not they wish to continue with the basketball club.

And one day free of practice, courtesy of the school body for this 'trial' Riko is planning.

Resulting in two days free of practice.

Flashback ends..

————————————————————

On her first free day, Yuki wakes up at 10. She wakes up and groggily take her bath, then goes down for breakfast.

Yuki's father already left early in the morning, he has coaching job to do. Yuki eats her breakfast with her mother sitting with her, her mother have eaten her breakfast earlier with her father.

Just as Yuki's enjoying her bowl of cereals, her misfortune drops like a bolt from the blue.

"Yuki, do you want to go shopping with Mom?" Yuki's mother asked cheerily, she loves shopping.