Chapter 19: Talent may gets you far, but hardwork takes you anywhere

Okay, so I know this is a very very belated update. I received a reminder from one of the readers and immediately went back to writing this. I had quite the trouble trying to place Yuki in the actual timelines of KnB, thus the lateness. I'll be writing more non-canons when I can, since it's less stressful on me and more creative plus interesting.

There's still the triple-chapters Christmas update, and I sincerely hope it won't be delayed. Ah, I'll be adding another to the package as well. Look forward to it~!

Until then~!

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon.

———————————————————
"Nothing is set in stone - a plan is a plan and not the future." Satake Hayato to Shiroma Yuki.
———————————————————

As soon as Yuki turned the door knob and popped in her head, Yuki was in for a loud welcoming.

"Yuki!" Riko shouted in exasperation and relief.

"Hehe.." Yuki laughed shakily as she scratched the back of her head. She'd have to explain this one, doesn't she? "You see, I wa-"

"It's fine." Riko stated as she lifts her hand. "No need to explain. I'm tired."

Talk about luck. Yuki blinked in wonder.

"..Just make sure to tape, or even drilled your phone to you so there's no next time." Riko warned tiredly.

Yuki seems to always be missing at the inappropriate moment and the wrong place. Riko is honestly tired of this.

Even with a tracking GPS on Yuki's phone, there's no use for it if Yuki forgets her phone. Perhaps, a more conventional way would work better - like having her on a leash, literally.

"Excuse me, Coach. I am also going to the restroom."

Riko turned to glare at the voice's owner, who happened to be Kuroko. He jerked a bit at the menacing glare.

Riko has had enough with restrooms and the troubles following them. They are bunches of high schoolers, why do they have to be so troubling?

After Koganei offered to go along, Riko finally relented. After all, she can't have them begging for toilet breaks on-game.

Little do Riko knew, that when she let them go, Kuroko actually met someone who has a unique and special vision.

Riko had Yuki in a hand-lock as she dragged Yuki to the court. She's not taking chances anymore.

Hyuuga briefed the team, also lighting their spirits for the game. He noted that Kagami is being quieter than he expected.

He's not alone as Yuki also senses something off. Kagami is quiet, too quiet. It's like a premonition before a storm. Yuki hopes she's reading wrong.

However, Yuki got her hopes shattered soon after.

Midorima had told Kuroko how teamwork is an illusion while giving Yuki a glance. Kuroko and Yuki kept their stare blank until Kuroko said he won't lose.