Chapter 9: Five words is all it takes

I just discovered this handy Dedication button on the web, so here's to @Spade_in_Wonderland
————————————————————

Seirin [100] - Kaijō [98]

The sound of ball thud and rolling off the ground could be heard clearly in the silence.

"Yosha!!" Kagami roared in excitements.

Kagami swings his arms up in the air, grinning with his bushy-brows raised so high. He did it. He just beat Kise, one of the Generation of Miracles. There's still four to go, and Kagami never turns away in the face of challenges. He'll beat them. Then he'll be number one.

All Seirin rejoice at their win against one of the Generation of Miracles and the nationally strong team.

Riko smiles proudly as she jerks her thumb to her players on court. The reserved players are all smiles and grins, despite some not even entering the game.

Yuki is leaning against the walls, smiling at Seirin's festive atmosphere.

'They win.. They really did..' Yuki looked happy, sharing the festive mood.

You might find what you're looking for in the most unexpected places. That saying, is always true to a certain degree.

The best and obvious may not always be the right one for inspiration. For a fresh, new innovation is born from the unrelated or far-related.

This is her sky. Yuki's paradise, her sanctuary of learning.

Seirin.

Yuki smiles fondly at her thoughts. Her father may be tad an airhead at times, but he knows what he's doing.

Feeling another atmosphere clashing with Seirin's festive one, Yuki turns her attention to the Kaijō players.

Yuki purses her lips as she spots her Yuki-niisan sighing dejectedly. Kasamatsu is feeling down and upset at his lost, but other than that, he looks just fine.

This isn't Kasamatsu's first lost. In fact, his biggest blunder had came to pass.

Moreover, he knows, that this game that he and the team lost, only serves as a reminder.

It just means they have more to learn, room for improvements. To shake them awake from silly delusion of never losing.

Yuki can tell that her Yuki-niisan knows defeat and what lies behind them. He probably went through some kind of incident.

Her Yuki-niisan is the Captain. And a Captain does not falters easy and grovels before mere defeat.

Yuki directed a sweet smile to her Yuki-niisan, who notices her gaze on him.

Kasamatsu happens to notice Yuki's gaze from the corner of his eyes. As he met those babyblue-doe orbs, he blushes, surprised. He quickly averts his gaze to anywhere but Yuki.

'Y-Yuki-chan i-is smiling at me..!' Kasamatsu's mind went frenzy as he's not used to interacting with a girl, something he knows he should fix. And Yuki might just be his chance, his first step.