Chapter 13: Yuki and The Oblivion

The game is now proceeding to the next half. Seirin is still going with their regulars, while The Oblivion makes substitutions.

Yuki is subs out with Yūsei, Haruto switches with Takeru.

"Good luck, Yūsei-oji." Yuki smiled as she high-fived Yūsei as they passed each other.

Yūsei smiles softly. "Of course, Yuki. I'll be taking on from here."

Haruto also high-fives with Takeru as they switched. "Have a good time out there, Takeru!"

Takeru grins excitedly. "You don't need to say! Limiters on, though~"

Yuki and Haruto is now sitting in the bench as they watched Takeru and Yūsei steps into the court.

This half-time is different from the previous half. This time, the purpose of the game is to help Seirin gets ready for their strategy with Shinkyo match.

So, the game will be quite different from before.

In the court there, Yūsei displays his soft and graceful 3-pointer shots that looks more polished than Yuki's.

Takeru is showing his nimble footworks, quick plays and assists. He is a different type of Small Forward from Haruto, but a good one nonetheless.

"..Eh?" Yuki knitted her brows in thoughts, making Haruto turns to her, confused.

"What is it, Yuki?" Haruto asked, curious.

Yuki mutters, not taking her eyes off the game. "Ah, no.. It's just, now that I see it here, Hyuuga-san took quite a long pause compared to Yūsei-oji when they're shooting 3-pointers."

Yuki narrowed her eyes. "Yūsei-oji had only a very short pause. But a pause still." Yuki continued.

Haruto then turns his gaze back to the game as he answered. "Ah, that. Technically, one takes a longer time to prepare the longer the distance. The shooter needs to calculate the power and the distance, see?"

"And about Yūsei. He went through numerous games and trainings, that's why whatever the distance, his very short pause stays the same." Haruto smiled with pride and awe.

Haruto then continues. "Experiences will never do you harm, Yuki. Like Yūsei, his accumulated experiences from all kind of matches and practices, leads him to where he is now."

"Yūsei is confident in his never-faltering form and his impeccable shots. From experiences, mind you. Not of unfounded arrogance or the likes." Haruto finished with a smile, peeking at Yuki's reactions.

Yuki is staring at the court, at all the players on it. 'Experiences, eh..? I admit I'm lacking in that area. And while this 'steps' is complete in theories, I need more experiences to make it works.. And to do that.."

Yuki gulps a bit. What she's about to do is something she never wished for. It's absolutely gruelling, that's why.

But.. It's her only choice..

Besides, if her theories proved to be successful in motions, it'll help her movements tremendously. It might even be an ultimate counter against Shooting Guards.