Chapter 17: Hage Saru and Oji-san Kao

About Yuki's Reading Ability : I had someone asked me this, so I decided to explain. Reading is different with Scan. If Scan yield statistics, then Reading produces assumptions formed into a bigger picture. Yuki's Reading is based on her accumulated basketball experiences, so it only works on basketball player, unlike Scan. The way Yuki sees is different because she notices basketball players by their basketball skills and the feels they emit.

Okay, I think I'm cutting short the chapters, I won't be going above 5000 words from now on, excluding the notes and all.

I will also be adding non-canon stories to further develop the characters relationships and to spice up the story. It'll be boring if it follows the canon after all — I'm bored. I'll probably be adding more of the non-canons after the Inter-High chapters.

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon.

———————————————————

In the nearby basketball court, Yuki is training under her father's supervision. Yuki had been training every morning with her father ever since the Seirin-Oblivion practice game.

Today is no different.

"Okay. I can tell that your 'steps' is shaping." Haruto looked down as Yuki  slumped over, gasping for air. "You need a game with shooter, though."

Yuki shakes her head as she looked up. "I don't really have time for that."

With Inter-High semifinals and finals around, Yuki is busier than ever. The amount of towels to clean and water bottles to fetch had increased as the guys train harder.

She may have joined the team on a whim in her father's part, but now that she's in the team, it is her team and her responsibilities.

"Perhaps after Seirin's semifinals and finals.." Yuki sighed.

"I will arrange a game with Yūsei then." Haruto grinned, showing his teeth.

Yuki waved her hand dismissively. "Nah."

"I'll focus on Seirin for now." Yuki smiled sweetly as she thought of the guys working hard in their trainings. She is really a part of Seirin now.

Haruto looks happy and satisfied with Yuki's responsibilities on her team. All members had to work together to succeed, even the manager.

"That's enough break. Let's continue, Yuki~" Haruto sing-sang, enjoying training Yuki even when she obviously didn't share the feelings.

Yuki groaned as she lifted her body and straighten up. Haruto is smiling happily at that. Might he be a sadist perhaps..?

———————————————————

"Tetsu-niisan!"

"Konnichiwa, Yuki-chan." Kuroko greeted Yuki politely as Yuki's expression lit up with happiness.

He's been on this chaperoning job ever since Riko had assigned him to. Yuki seems to love the time they spent together as they walk and catch the bus to Seirin High. He, too, enjoys those times.