Chapter 32: Natural enemies

This one took a long time to write. I realised there's not many interactions between Yuki and some of the characters, so I will try to make up for it in this chapter and the latter, it will likely to be non-canons.

It's been a while since I wrote for this story, so there may be some changes even I don't notice, but I hope it's for the best.

Pairings : GOMxOCxOthers(?)
Warnings : OC inserts in canon. Mostly non-canon.

———————————————————
Chapter 32 - Natural enemies

The 1st Quarter is concluded with the most memorable scene being a certain redheaded player's passionate exchange with the opponent's ring. Seirin's Ace displayed an epic fall as he failed his attempt to dunk the ball in. It's a hilarious sight for the audiences and an embarrassment for the few people sharing the same jerseys as the redhead.

In the good side, those who had underestimated Seirin from their performances back in the Summer now acknowledged their overwhelming growth, including the Tōō's representative whom they lost to.

For a certain snow-haired girl however, the sight showed light in her clouded mind. Inspiration is sometimes found in the most unexpected place, and that's what happened for Yuki. As she watched Kagami being dragged by Kuroko (not so kindly) to the other side of the court, wrinkles start to form on her temple, seemingly frustrated.

'A jump... I can definitely use that to escape the defense for a limited time.' Yuki brought her fingers to her lips, a posture she often does when in thought.

In the world of professional basketball, it's not rare that the opponent's defense is tight. Especially on the player with the ball. A jump shot and jump pass is rarely executed due to its risky chance of success. However, if there's a way to ascertain that success, then there's a possibility of developing a new technique, which could possibly be unstoppable.

In the case when she is stopped and unable to escape her mark, like with her father and Takeru, a jump will momentarily halt the movements of her mark, and Yuki then would be able to pass or shoot with less chance of distractions.

It's also true that normal jump wouldn't do. Because her mark can also jump to block her offense. It should be a special jump, enough to throw her mark off momentum. Yuki needs that 'special' thing, one like no other.

Unlike Kagami, Yuki doesn't possess that innate jumping power and exceptional legs strength to let her jumps higher and climbs while her defender falls. The key is to stay on air longer than her defender who jumps later than her.

Simply put, Yuki has to defy gravity for few seconds. Aside from the 'for few seconds', the whole sentence is impossible. But it's not like anyone told Einstein it's possible for him to be synonymous with the word genius in the future.

"-ki! Earth to Yuki!" Riko shouted in an annoyed tone. She finally managed to snap the girl's attention. "Seriously! What's with you spacing off in the middle of a match?!"

Yuki has a surprised look on her face, then she realised she was so drown in her thoughts that she hadn't realise that time had passed and it's now the 4th Quarter. Seirin is winning with 91 to 53, with less than 8 minutes to the end of the game.

"Sorry, Riko-nee.." Yuki giggled sheepishly, making an apologetic look. "Eh.. We are leading quite a gap, aren't we?" she tried shifting the topic towards the match.