Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“I cant believe he did that!” Shay yelled, angry.

“I cant either.” I said, my voice barely audible.

At least my tan faded…

“He’s got to pay!”

“I’m just going to let it go. We’ll find another way to trick him.” I said, shaking my head.

“How about…you make him jealous?” Shay added, her whole face lighting up with mischief.

I sighed. “I’m sure he doesn’t like me, Shay. He wouldn’t have stood me up or slept with someone else if he actually had feelings for me.”

She shook her head. “I think he does. For a long time actually.”

“What are you talking about?”

Shay bit her lip, looking at anywhere but me.

“Spit it out, Shay!” I got off the bed and stood up, sensing Shay’s guilt.

“Well…Christopher used to have a huge crush on you in eight grade.” She said, playing with her hair avoiding my face. A million thoughts ran through my head. All of them regarding Christopher.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked, confused.

She blushed. “I kinda, sorta liked him back then,” She continued as she saw my surprised face. “But those days are long gone! He’s not exactly a sweetheart.”

“Oh.” 

She snorted. “You should’ve seen him! He actually showed up to the eight grade winter dance. He hated dances back then and I’m sure he still does. He was whipped!”

That brought a smile to my face but not for the same reasons as Shay.

Christopher liked me. He went to a dance that he despised just to see me. 

I frowned as I came back to reality. “Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a jerk now.”

Shay nodded, frowning. “Did he really sleep with Emily?

“Best sex of his life.” I added bitterly.

“Maybe he didn’t mean that.” 

“Why are you defending him now?” I glared.

“I’m not! I just think Christopher’s a bit of a--”

“--Jerk? Asshole? No-good-gangster?”

“---liar. He lies to push people away.” Shay continued as if I had never interrupted her.

“Well he achieved his plan.” I said, stubborn.

“So does that mean that we’re doing it my way?” She asked, grinning.

I nodded, laughing. “Yes, Shay!”

“Good!” She clapped her hands in excitement. “I’m going to throw a party at my house and I’m going to invite everyone and we’re going to make sure that Christopher and Em are there. Then, you’ll work your magic with Jay!”

“You’re enjoying this a little too much Shay.” I laughed.

“Let’s watch Spongebob together Rose!” Riley yelled as she walked into my room.

“Alright, cutie.” I said, picking her up and smothering her with sloppy kisses.

She squealed. “Ew!”