Chapter 17

Please play the vid on the right >>>

Chapter 17

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard the doorbell ringing. Who could be at the door?

I gasped as I remembered Christopher had told me he had a surprise for me at eight. I looked at the clock above the TV and saw it was 7:58 pm. I shook Jay awake next to me. Riley, Jay and I had falling asleep watching movies together and Christopher would be furious if he found Jay with me.

Jay opened his eyes, moaning his displeasure. “What?” 

“Christopher’s here! You have to go!” I whispered.

Jay’s eyes opened instantly, alert. “Where can I leave?”

“We have a back door.” I said, dragging him out the backdoor as I heard the doorbell ring again.

I felt like an unfaithful wife getting rid of her lover before her husband caught them in the act.

I ran to the front door and yanked the door open. “Hey.” I said, breathless.

He was looking as sexy as usual with a black shirt that outlined his muscles perfectly with a leather jacket over his shirt. His jeans 

“Are you okay?” He asked, confused.

“Yeah. Let me get ready. Sorry for the wait, I fell asleep watching TV with Riley.”

“It’s okay, I’ll just wait inside.”

I nodded, letting him inside. He was looking as sexy as usual with a black shirt that outlined his muscles perfectly with a leather jacket over his shirt. His jeans were also black, matching his shirt.

I saw him sit on the couch next to Riley as I ran to my room and changed into a flowy white blouse and matching white shorts. I slipped on some wedges and quickly applied some eyeliner and a coat of mascara. 

“Ready.” I commented when I was in the living room with Christopher.

His eyes lit up as he saw me. “Great.”

“Where are we going?” I asked as we walked out the door.

“Don’t bother asking, I’m not telling.”

I gasped, smiling. “You have a motorcycle?”

The silver motorcycle in front of me was beautiful, modern and sleek. It looked brand new and expensive. It looked out of place in my rough neighborhood. “Yeah, I’ve had it for a few months now.” He gloated, his eyes filled with pride at the beauty in front of us.

“Aren’t you afraid someone might steal it?” 

He gave me a mischievous grin. “Nobody would dare.”

He handed me a black helmet and hopped on the bike, waiting for me to hop in behind me. 

“Aren’t you going to wear a helmet?” I asked, hopping on the bike.

“I like the adrenaline rush.” He smirked, hitting the gas on the motorcycle making us speed down the road.

“Gosh, Chris slow down!” I yelled, putting my arms around his waist. 

The breeze was caressing my hair making me shiver.

He laughed and continued speeding. Why did he have to be an adrenaline junkie?

I shut my eyes tightly until Christopher finally stopped the bike.

I opened my eyes again, taking off my helmet. I gasped, smiling. 

We were at Westside Middle, the school Christopher and I had attended when we were younger. 

“What are we doing here?” I whispered dreamily.

He smiled and grabbed my hand. “You’ll see.”

He led me through the open back door of the school gym and I gasped as I saw what he had done.

He had decorated the gym almost exactly as it had been on our middle school Winter dance.

The gym was decorated with a long banner that read ‘8th Grade Winter Dance’ and the cheesy disco ball that I’m sure was used in the 80’s. There was a punch bowl on a small table by the bathrooms and a stereo system that was playing a slow version of Britney Spear’s Hold it Against me.

“May I have this dance? I believe you owe me one.” He said, grinning and offering me his hand.

I laughed and grabbed his hand walking with him to the dance floor. 

I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist, slow dancing. 

“This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.” I confessed, smiling. It felt like I couldn’t stop smiling at anything that Christopher did.

“Good,” He smiled. “I don’t want anyone to ever take my place.”

“Nobody will.” I lied, feeling guilty. 

How could I do this to someone? I’m not like this.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, concerned. “You seemed sad for a second. Do you not like the music?”

“No, no. I love the music. I love everything.” I shook my head. “It’s nothing.”

“If I could do anything about it, you will never be sad again. Not even for a second.” He promised.

I laughed. “Are you turning soft, Mr. gangster?”

“Only when It comes to you,” He chuckled. “If you ever mention this to anyone, I’ll deny it.”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be our little secret.” I looked around. “I remember this dance.”

He laughed. “I did too. First and only dance I’ve ever been to.”

“I would’ve danced with you if you would have asked, you know.’

“Yeah but I didn’t want a pity dance. If I ever danced with you I wanted to know you were thinking about me. Not some pretty boy.” His words laced with a hint of possessiveness.

 “Oh I remember now! I danced with that one boy. I don’t remember his name.” I confessed.

“He doesn’t matter anymore.” 

I smiled as he leaned down to kiss me but jumped as we were interrupted by a loud, “Anyone here? This is private property!”

Christopher laughed and grabbed my hand, running to the back door of the gym. “Let’s get out of here before we get caught!”

I laughed, adrenaline rushing through my blood. “I thought you were used to trouble.”

“I am. But you’re not.” He said, running. 

We hopped on the motorcycle and sped down the road, ignoring the security guard’s threats.

So sorry that it's short! I just wanted to upload Christopher's surprise real quick! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment.