Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Christopher’s POV

I woke up, stretching. My back was aching like hell for sleeping on the hard cold floor instead of my comfortable king-sized bed like usual. I stood up and cracked my spine, looking at Rose. She was still sleeping in my bed looking like an innocent angel with strands of her brown hair covering half of her face. I gently brushed the strands out of her beautiful face and went to the bathroom, brushing my teeth. I opened the door and from the bathroom and saw Rose waking up. 

She brushed the blue covers away from her, her eyes widening with fear as she saw me. “What happened?”

“You were drunk and I helped you out.” I said softly, trying not to alarm her.

I knew she hated me. How could she not? I almost raped her. Rape. Something I thought I would never even try to do. Especially after what happened to my mother. I will always regret trying to rape Rose and I can never take it back. 

“I have to go.” She said, speed walking out the door.

I followed her. “Wait, I’ll take you.”

She touched her head. She obviously had a hangover. “I’m fine.”

She opened the front door and I gently grabbed her hand to stop her, feeling a burst of energy once our hands touched. 

She flinched, narrowing her blue eyes at me. “Don’t touch me!”

“I didn’t mean to--”

“Didn’t mean to what, Christopher?! Didn’t mean to threaten me in killing my little sister? Didn’t mean to beat up Jay? To hit me? Or wait, are you talking about trying to rape me? You have a lot of nerve! You cant just be plain evil one moment and then try to act like my knight in shining armor the next!” She yelled at me, glaring at me with furious hate in her eyes.

I deserved the hate in her eyes. But it didn’t make it hurt any less.

“I’m sorry, Rose.” I said, knowing it wouldn’t change a thing. I never apologized to anyone. It showed weakness; However I couldn’t sleep without her knowing how much it was killing me.

She scoffed and walked away.

I sighed, closing the door. I fucked up everything like I always do. 

I punched the wall with anger, making a dent in the wall. I grabbed a pack of cigarettes off of the counter and lit a cigarette up. 

Cigarettes were my best friends. 

They were always there for me and relaxed me.

I fixed my red tie with my sweaty hands looking at Rose drinking punch at the other side of the gym with one of her friends, Tyra. The gym had been decorated with a cheap banners and signs reading, “8th Grade Winter Dance.” and a tacky disco ball that was probably used back when the school first opened in the 80’s. Rose was wearing a knee-length sparkly blue dress that made her blue eyes pop and my heartbeat speed up. I took a deep breath and started walking towards her when Shay stopped me. 

“Stay away from my best friend, Christopher.” She said, her hands on her hips. 

I glared at her. “Leave me alone, Shay.”

“I see the way you look at her. You might as well stop it. You’re not good enough for her.” She added.

“Who are you to tell me?” I asked, trying not to listen to her.

“Her best friend. She doesn’t like you. She likes Ty Marks.” Shay said, grinning.

My heart clenched. “You’re lying.”

She shook her head, her blond curls moving. “Look.” She motioned for me to look at Rose with her hand.

I looked towards the dance floor and saw Rose in Ty’s arms dancing to a slow song. 

Her cheeks were turning pink as she danced with him, shy. He brought her closer to him and Rose’s face lit up with happiness. She obviously did have a crush on Ty.

“See?” Shay asked, pleased with herself.

I walked out of the gym, mad at myself. How could I be so stupid? I took my tie off harshly throwing it on the floor with anger. I bought a stupid tie and suit for a tacky winter dance for nothing! I had hoped that I would impress Rose tonight and make her start to like me. I took my box full of cigarette off of my pant’s pocket and took out a cigarette, lighting it up. I smoked my cigarette instantly feeling more relaxed. I heard the school’s door opened and I looked away not caring if anybody catches me. I heard high heels hitting the pavement and somebody standing next to me.

“You really shouldn’t smoke, you know. Its really bad for you.” I heard a familiar voice said.

“Leave me alone.” I said to Rose, looking at her.

She frowned, her blue eyes sparkling. 

I looked away from her blue eyes before I was tempted to kiss her.

“I’m just trying to help. Where did you even get those, Christopher? Aren’t you too young?” She asked accusingly. I hated how happy it made me to know that she knew my name.

“I have my ways.” I was still mad at her for dancing with that jerk, Ty.

“Well your ways could kill you.” She said, stubborn.

I dropped my cigarette on the ground and stepped on it. 

“There. Are you happy now?” I asked, glaring.

She smiled. “Yes. I am.”

I smiled at the old memory and put out my cigarette. 

Sorry for the short chapter. I didnt want to make it too long because I didnt want to give too much away from Christopher since I want him to remain a mystery. Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! The song on the right is "Space Bound" by Eminem. Listen to the lyrics. Its EXACTLY how Christopher is feeling. Once you listen to the lyrics you will understand Chris a bit more.  Who do you like better: Jay or Christopher? I dedicate this to Bookfanatic for always commenting and voting. Thanks Bookfanatic(: