Chapter 22

I took a deep breath in glancing down at my phone as text messages were pouring in from Audrey and Autumn both of them excited. After months of traveling around to do different charities and meeting some people I was back in America. It was already nearing the end of April so there was a month left of school before summer began.

My parents agreed to let me go under the condition that we had a Skype date every week to talk about what was happening. Ever since our talk we understood each other more. They were more caring and trying to get into my personal life.

The girls were taking Jayden to the local park to show him something. In reality they were going to say they needed to use the ladies room. Leaving him on the bench alone for a few minutes. Instead I would surprise him. We figured this would be more fun than walking into the White House and saying hello.

We pulled up to the side entrance of the park and I quickly got out. Both girls were standing by the bathrooms , looking at each other. Until they spotted me, immediately running over. I giggled giving them each a huge hug and kiss on the cheek.

" alright go" Audrey mumbled pushing me towards the bench where Jayden sat. He was playing on his phone leaning forward. I smiled taking a few steps until I stood in front of us.

It took him a few seconds to look up but when he did his whole face lit up. Immediately dropping his phone to the ground and getting up. Wrapping his arms around me, as he spun me around.

" your here" He exclaimed looking around for the girls as they came into view. I laughed, not wanting to end the hug. It's been so long since his arms were around me.

" I missed you so much" I whispered , taking a step back. He nodded , pulling me into a kiss. I widened my eyes immediately stopping him. His eyebrows knitted into confusion.

" we can't do that" I whispered sadly. He still didn't understand until realization hit him hard. His eyes softened giving me a small smile. I could see how sad he really was behind that fake smile he showed me.

After Valentine's day I sent Jayden a text saying I missed him. We began to text soon after , all day which was amazing. Our connection getting stronger once again. Still it wasn't the same as being together. Then my parents broke the news to me, that I needed to be seen with some Prince from Sweden. I knew who he was off the bat. Since he was a good friend of mine.

Both of us didn't want to fake a relationship to the whole world. Still they made us do it. We were spotted all over the world together at events. Never kissing just holding hands or hugging. Since he had a secret girlfriend back home and I still cared about Jayden.

" your still with him?" He whispered taking a step back. I nodded my head slightly knowing how hurt he was finding out about it.

" just for another couple of months " I told Jayden taking a seat on the bench. He sat down beside me keeping his distance.

" and I'm supposed to wait for you another couple of months?' He questioned turning to me. I was about to say yes but stopped myself.

" no, you could do whatever, it's up to you" I smiled even though on the inside I felt torn. It wasn't right of me to tell him he should wait another six months until the fake relationship ended. He should move on. I know since Valentine's day he's been with some girl. But they ended it.

" it was nice seeing you again, I need to go" He mumbled getting up. I watched as he walked away from the bench going towards the main entrance. Was he mad?

The girls ran over to me quickly sitting down. Asking me questions and I told them about what just happened. They gasped telling me it was going to be okay. I knew it was since we were friends. Friendship isn't what I wanted with him at all. I wanted to be with him. In the public not caring about the cameras.