Chapter 17

November 13th couldn't have come faster. I slipped on the sweater over my crop top and added on some boots. With a small sigh I glanced at my phone, seeing Nina's text pop up. A small kissy face and heart beside it. I smiled replying with a quick kissy face and sad face. The next text came from my brother , a simple " I love you, be strong today" With plenty of hearts next to it.

I walked out of my room, slinging my bag over my shoulder. Today was going to be a long day for me, since I had many absences I really couldn't afford not going today. With a fake smile on my face I went into the elevator pressing the ground floor button.

" Ara" Jayden shouted jumping into the elevator before the doors closed. I sighed leaning against the wall. He stopped the elevator starring at me.

" it's been 2 years" I cry starring at him through my tears. He nods pulling me into a hug, dropping my bag on the ground in the process.

We stood there for minutes as he held me , kissing my forehead repeatedly. Wiping away the tears that flowed freely. It's been a full 2 years since my grandpa and grandma passed away. It hurt badly, just thinking about that day. It completely crushed me and whenever I even hear their names I break down.

" how about we don't go to school ?" He asks pulling away for a second. I shake my head pressing the elevator button once again.

" I have to be strong" I whispered wiping away the remaining tears. He nodded pressing a kiss to my cheek.

We both walked out of the elevator and went to the main entrance. Already there were photographers around more than usual. Some were shouting my name, trying to get my attention.

" Princess do you miss your grandparents?"

' Are you going to party tonight?"

" Princess! Princess!"

" did your grandparents love you?"

" I bet your grandparents are upset at your party ways"

I held my head down trying to ignore the voices. With each word it grew harder and harder to even stop myself from breaking.

" what kind of asshole are you? leave her the fuck alone" Jayden shouted wrapping an arm around me.

Secret service were huddling beside us pushing through the crowd of on lookers. Trying to catch a glimpse of me. Somehow we made it to the tinted car, both of us getting inside and quickly closing the door. In seconds Jayden's arms were around me once again.

" do you really -"

" yes, I can't hide in my room all day" I tell him. He pulls me onto his lap, linking our hands together. The music was playing lightly in the background as the driver took a detour making it seem as if we weren't going to school so no reporters would follow.

Ever since that night when Jayden admitted he liked me it was non stop sneaking around to see each other. We still went out to the park with Thor or public places but kept our distances. No one suspected anything.

" Princess would you like to stop by for some coffee?" The driver asked turning around to face us. I nodded my head smiling. Archie the driver always knew how to make me happy.

The car pulled up to a nearby Starbucks as we both got out of the car. Making sure no reporters followed us here. Secret Service pulled up next staying in their car and keeping an eye on us. I let go of Jayden's hand , opening the door to the Starbucks. Only a few people were walking around most of them workers.

" hi" A girl smiled waiting for our orders.

" we'll just get two grande hot chocolates" Jayden replied pulling out his credit card. He handed it over as she swiped the credit card.