Chapter 20: Power Play

Second Person P.O.V

You and Laxus lay snuggled up together after a night of love and lust. You're both fast asleep until you start coming around when you hear voices...

"Pay up!"

"Damnit! Not again."

"I knew she wanted to get in to his pants."

You crack open an eye and gasp when you see the Thunder God Tribe standing in the open doorway to the bedroom. You're currently laying on your side with the blanket barely reaching your shoulder. Your palm is resting against Laxus's chest, and out of the corner of your eye, you see his own eyes snap open at your gasp.

It takes about a fraction of a second for Laxus to realize what's happening as he quickly shifts to cover your body with his own and his back turns to the unwanted guests. Lightning crackles around him and you've never seen such possessive fury in his eyes.

"Get the fuck out! Now!" Laxus growls menacingly over his shoulder.

The Thunder God Tribe nearly trip over each other as they scramble out of the room and slam the doors shut. Laxus looks back and finally notices your embarrassed face. The lightning around him seizes and he unexpectedly laughs.

"What?" you ask.

"I've never seen you embarrassed before," he replies.

"I'm not embarrassed!" you retort.

"Sure, okay," he agrees and scans down your body with a groan escaping his lips. "As much as I want to spend all say in bed with you, those idiots are waiting downstairs and I know they won't leave."

Laxus rolls out of the bed and lifts you in to his arms, carrying you toward the bathroom for a much needed shower.

✻ ✻ ✻

"Thanks for knocking this morning," you say as you and Laxus walk hand-in-hand down the staircase and into the living room where the three party crashers are.

"As if we knew you guys would be naked," Evergreen defends.

"Why are you here anyway?" Laxus asks.

"Gildarts is coming today," Freed answers.

"Gildarts Clive?" you question.

"You know him?" Laxus asks.

"When I was up for being one of the Ten Wizards Saints, he was in the archive of upcoming achievers, but they took his name off after the Tenrou Island disappearance." Laxus's name was also in the archive, but was taken out when he was excommunicated from Fairy Tail.

"Why didn't you take the position?" Bickslow inquires.

"My whole revenge mission held me back, but I think I'll do the test again and see if I can make it," you reply. The four of them nod.

"Well, we have to get to the guild, so let's go," Freed says.

"Can you go get my coat?" Laxus asks you.

"Sure." You turn and scale the steps until you get to his bedroom and walk over to his coat closet. You take his black fur coat from the rack, and right when you turn toward the door, something catches your eye.

You look at the small table that you hadn't noticed before and a small black box is laying on top. Being curious, you waltz over, pick it up, and peer inside.