Chapter 16: Invasion

July 7, X791

Your P.O.V

As midnight approaches, Fairy Tail celebrates a victory. Our team managed to take down every obstacle in their path and came out with the win.

I'm currently running through Crocus to get to my boyfriend so we can celebrate his defeat over a God Slayer and Wizard Saint.

"Laxus!" I call once I see the group. Laxus turns around and immediately opens his arms for me. As gently as possible, I run into his arms and hug him tight. "I'm so proud of you, but don't scare everyone like that again."

"All right, all right," he chuckles. "This sure makes up for seven years of humiliation our guildmates endured. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's strange not having you-know-who around hollering and making noises."

"Anyone see their signal flare?" Erza asks.

"No, and I've been keeping an eye out for it this whole time, except when Jura knocked me flat," Laxus answers.

A laugh escapes my lips and I cover my mouth as Laxus glares at me. "Sorry, that was my favorite part of the fight."

"We should get patched up," Gray suggests and we agree.

We all walk back to the arena and to the infirmary where Porlyusica is waiting with the gauze and disinfectant.

"Sit," I command Laxus. He lays his coat down on the bed and peels off his heavily torn shirt. I kneel on from of him and dab a cotton ball with the liquid.

"Thanks," Laxus suddenly says.

"For what exactly?" I question while lightly rubbing the disinfectant all over his scratches that cover his chiseled torso.

"For believing in me. I didn't know if I could do it until I heard your voice, then I knew I could," he confesses bashfully.

"You're Laxus Dreyar: unstoppable Lightning Dragon Slayer, comrade of Fairy Tail, and one hell of a man. You're not Ivan's son or Makarov's grandson. You're you, and you can defeat anyone," I reply.

Laxus doesn't reply as I wrap the gauze around his body. After I'm done, Laxus pulls me on to his lap and I let out a squeak of surprise as I drape an arm behind him.

"Be careful," I scold. Laxus smirks and rests his hand on my thigh, sending a shiver through my body. "What are you up to, Bolt Boy?"

"Nothing, I'm just glad that you're mine," he whispers so the people on the other side of the curtain don't hear our private conversation.

"And you're mine. Don't forget that," I reply, bringing my lips to his. Passion is the first emotion I feel along with happiness.

"King Toma wants all the guilds to report to the castle, so stop shoving your tongues down each other's throats," Gajeel says in disgust.

I chuckle and stand up as Laxus does the same and pulls his coat over his shoulders. He intertwines our fingers and we walk with everyone back to the king's castle in the heart of Crocus.

There it is again.

Suddenly, my gut twists and an unsettling feeling rests upon the arena. I look around for any sign of a threat, but come up empty handed.

"What's wrong?" Laxus asks as people clear a path for us to get to the front of the crowd with Fairy Tail.

"Just a bad feeling..." I trail off, subconsciously moving closer to Laxus. For some odd reason, I feel as if I need his protection.