Chapter 3: Visiting

One Week Later

Second Person P.O.V

The wind drifts through your hair as you walk down the cobblestone that leads to the Fairy Tail guild on the outskirts of Magnolia. You finally carved out some time in your schedule to visit the guild and you brought something you know they'll appreciate.

Beer.

While they would never accept money, they always accepted alcohol, so you picked up a twenty-four pack in town. You make it to the raggedy guild doors and gently throw them open, only hoping they don't fly off their rusted hinges.

"Fairy Tail!" you scream.

When your eyes focus in on the people, you notice there are over twice as many members as before with barely enough space in the guild. But the lack of space doesn't stop everyone from turning their attention toward you. Most in confusion.

"(Y/N)!" a voice shouts over the rest.

"Bisca," you greet with a smile as she, Alzack, and Asuka push their way to you.

"What brings you to our part of town?" Alzack asks as Asuka rushes over to you.

You bend down and swoop Asuka up with one arm as the guild continues to watch curiously. "Just visiting and making sure everything is going good."

Before the conversation continues, Fairy Tail's fourth master along with Wakaba make their way over. "Hey, (Y/N)," they say politely in unison while rocking back and forth on their heels.

You roll your eyes and hold up the beer. "Just take it." Macao and Wakaba squeal and snatch the alcohol away from you and scurry back to the bar without a second glance.

"May I ask who you are, child?" Makarov asks, coming into view.

You put down Asuka and she goes back to her parents as you face the aging man. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), and I'm an independent wizard," you say, cutting to the point.

"Ah, yes, I heard about you. Porlyusica said you had some information that could be of use to me," he replies.

You quirk an eyebrow, not understanding what he's talking about, but silently agree anyway. He nods and you follow him toward the back of the guild, but he abruptly stops and turns his head before speaking.

"Come on, Laxus. I want you to hear this," he says and an involuntary smile slides on to your face and you turn around.

Heavy footsteps are heard before the handsome Dragon Slayer comes into view. In all honesty, you didn't even notice him when you walked in, but assumed he was lurking around the place somewhere.

"Hey! Bolt boy, it's good to see you," you say.

Everyone in the guild has wide eyes at your comment and you smirk. You know he's one, if not the most powerful member of the guild, but you can't find it in you to care. Usually you would show respect, but something about teasing Laxus makes you happy.

Everyone expects Laxus to growl and challenge you because of your disrespect, but all he does is scoff. Just before you go to turn around, three figures charge at you. Big mistake. You jump up and hang onto one of the loose beams as they go running into the wall. The entire guild shakes at the impact and you drop down from the beam.

"Mind explaining what you were doing?" you ask.

"No one disrespects Laxus in our guild! You will pay!" the green-haired guy declares with one hand on his sword.

"Freed-" Makarov starts but you cut him off.

"No, it's okay," you say. "If it bothers you that much, what can I do to make it up to you?"

There's always a line that can be crossed and you know that some people's perception of that line is different from others, meaning something can be a bigger deal to one person while no one else cares. But you understand that if you offend someone, you should make it up to them.

Bickslow and Evergreen stand behind Freed as he directs you. "Have a duel with me."

You resist laughing. Why does everyone in this guild want to fight all the time?

"Very well, but after our little meeting," you agree and follow Makarov into the small office area with Laxus in tow. You glance over your shoulder to see Laxus slowly shaking his head at Freed and the ass-kicking he's about to receive.

Laxus closes the door behind him and leans against the wall on the other side of the room. It's then you notice he's not wearing his coat, but rather a tight, navy blue muscle shirt with maroon colored pants and he fills both out perfectly, in your opinion.

You stare for a fraction of a second before scolding yourself for almost ogling the man when there's business to handle first. Neither of them seem to notice, so you take your position in front of the closed door with your arms crossed over your chest and focus on Makarov.

"What can I help you with?" you ask.

"I want information on my son, Ivan," he replies.

You notice Laxus stiffen and straighten up in the corner while you let out an exaggerated sigh and fall back against the door. "Not much to say. That prick knows how to slither away from the law."

"What has he been up to since we've been away?"

"Nothing much. About a year ago, I took down his dark guild with Porlyusica. He would've went to jail for the rest of his life, but he was somehow found innocent."

That mission was the first and only mission that Porlyusica joined in on. You didn't know what kind of magic Ivan had and you wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

"Interesting," Makarov whispers, seeming to be in deep thought. "Thank you. Oh, and don't hurt Freed too much."

You chuckle and nod. "Wouldn't dream of it."

You push off the door, turn around, and pull it open. Waltzing back into the guild, you notice no one's around at this point, probably waiting outside for the fight to start, so you go in that direction. You whip around when you feel a presence following you and look up at the lightning wizard.

"You're going to watch?" you question.

"Of course. I'd never miss out on winning bets."

"Bets?"

"Yup. Most of the idiots out there don't know who you are, but they do know that Freed is one of the best wizards here, so they'll bet on him," Laxus says.

"Who are you betting on?" you ask slyly.

Laxus cracks a small, barely there smile and walks past you. "I think you know."

Oh, yes, I do.

Right as the sunlight hits my skin, I see the lawn is broken up into two sections: the people standing behind Freed, including a guy with pink hair that's way too excited and a shirtless dude that looks strangely familiar to you, and the small group of people betting on you, which includes the Fairy Tail members that were left behind.

Laxus is still walking over to them and they once again gape as he saunters straight to your side. A look of betrayal crosses the face of Freed while Bickslow and Evergreen look to be at a crossroads of whose side to be on now. You leisurely make your way to the middle of the field and stand across from Freed with your hands in your pockets.

"Shall we start?" Freed asks.

You let out a completely fake and sad sigh. "I suppose."