Chapter 12: Day Two

July 2, X791

Second Person P.O.V

"Great job, Jellal! Now they're replacing you with Cana!" Ultear shouts as the four of you gather on top of the mountain.

"It was the only way I could win! I was doing it for Fairy Tail!" Jellal retorts. You decide to intervene and step between them.

"There's nothing we can do now, so drop it. I can handle the arena on my own," you say.

"Fine. The Magic Council Custody Enforcement Unit with Lahar and Doranbolt have been snooping around anyway. It's probably best if we take a step back while we can," Jellal reveals.

"They'll never suspect (Y/N), so she's covered," Meredy points out.

"Good. The second day of the games is starting and I have to get back to my post. I'll report back as soon as I can," you say, turning and making your way down the mountain.

"Oh, and (Y/N)," Jellal calls, causing you to peer over your shoulder. "Remember where your priorities are."

You avert your attention back to the mountain, take a deep breath and striding downwards. You ignore Jellal's warning and clear your mind. He knows nothing.

✻ ✻ ✻

You walk into the infirmary and smile at the healer. "Hey."

Porlyusica turns around and sends one of her incredibly rare smiles back. "Hey, how are the games so far?"

"Pretty good, except for the invasion of Raven Tail." You frown and lean against the wall.

"I only wish someone would put them in their place so I would have a reason to 'accidently' inject them with something lethal."

Your eyes widen. "Porlyusica!"

"What?" she asks innocently.

You laugh and shake your head. "They're about to start, so I'll see you later."

You leave the infirmary and head for the stadium as you hear the next event being announced called Chariot. You already know where that's going to lead as you waltz over to Fairy Tail's balcony.

"Hey," you greet and move next to the Thunder God Tribe.

"Where have you been? You were gone before I woke up this morning," Evergreen questions.

"I had some business to take care of," you reply and all three nod in understanding.

You look at the monitors and nearly burst out laughing when you see Natsu, Gajeel, and Sting from Sabertooth trying to run on the chariots. You look at Laxus and cough furiously at the disgusted expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" Freed asks and you nod, wiping the tears from your eyes.

The speech Natsu gives not long after leaves you speechless. Friendship and family is something you once held so close to your heart, and you can feel yourself getting it all back, but can you accept it? Will you let yourself let people in to your heart? You don't know.

The chariot event ends and the battles begin. Toby and Black Snake go at it and make a wager of secrets that Black Snake wins. Then it's Elfman versus Bacchus who replaced Warcry. You know of Bacchus and even kicked his ass once or twice. The wager is Elfman's sisters and the guild name of Quatro Cerberus that is now known as Quatro Puppy.