Chapter 15: Day Five

July 6, X791

Second Person P.O.V

"Are you sure about this?" Meredy asks.

"Yes. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore, but I've flipped to a new chapter of my life. I decided I'm done rereading the first part of the book and now I'm writing the rest of it," you reply.

"You don't have to apologize. You've done a lot for people over the years. We don't blame you," Jellal says.

You nod and hold up your bag. "These are all the journals of research and information I have about Zeref. They'll be of more use to you than they will be for me."

Ultear takes them. "Thank you."

"No thanks necessary. Just... promise you'll do everything you can to stop Zeref until you either kill him or move on," you say.

"We promise," all three say in unison.

✻ ✻ ✻

"What?!" you scream.

"Lucy was taken and they're getting her back. Juvia will take Natsu's spot while he, Wendy, and Mira go to the castle to rescue Lucy," Porlyusica says.

You want more than anything to go with them and help, but you know staying in the arena to watch over the games will be better. You have faith that they can handle it on their own.

"The games are starting. You should wish Laxus luck before he goes," Porlyusica says.

"You're not mad?" you ask, knowing her feeling about Laxus.

"It's not my place to be mad about your choices, but I'm glad you chose him over continuing your suicide mission."

"Thanks... for everything," you say truthfully.

"Don't get all sentimental on me. Go watch your guildmates take home the victory," she commands.

You shake your head with a smile. She always knows.

You walk out of the infirmary and head to the tunnel entrance. You turn the corner and spot the five Fairy Tail members all stretching and ready to go. You haven't seen Laxus all day because of the business you had to take care of, and you would be lying if you said you didn't miss him.

"Laxus," you call down the tunnel and listen as your voice echoes. Laxus turns and follows you as you walk in to the hallway. You can now see him without the darkness of the tunnel and... damn.

Laxus is wearing a purple dress shirt and black slacks with black shoes and his coat draped over his shoulders, making him look dangerously sexy.

"See something you like?" he asks with his familiar cocky attitude.

"You look hot," you say without thinking, still obviously checking him out.

"Thanks, but you look hot all the time," he replies, wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you impossibly close to his body. You loop your arms around his neck in response.

"Be careful out there. I just got you, I can't lose you, yet," you say.

"You know I will. My opponents may be tough, but I've got Fairy Tail behind me, and you."