Chapter 14: Day Four

July 4, X791

Your P.O.V

I'm not letting Laxus out of my sight and he's not letting me out of his for the time being. I still haven't decided whether I'll truly move on from my past, but for now, I'm content with living in the present with Laxus.

After last night, we went back to our seperate hotel rooms and now we're walking to Fairy Tail's balcony side-by-side with my arm around Laxus's waist and his across my shoulders. I'm almost completely covered by his coat, but I'm not complaining.

We ignore the stares and astonished expressions of random citizens as we make it onto the balcony with the members of Team Fairy Tail B.

"Damn, look who's getting all cozy together," Cana says.

"Shut up," Laxus growls.

Cana puts her hands up in surrender and the other members pretend nothing happened and focus on the field.

"The next battle probably has to do with water, so we chose Juvia," Mira says.

And she's right. The next battle involves participants swimming inside of a floating sphere of water while attempting to knock each other out. Confidence surges through me until I notice one of the new wizards participating.

"Minerva?" I whisper.

"Who's Minerva?" Mira asks.

"She's extremely powerful, but rotten to the core. I have a bad feeling about this," I reply.

We watch as the competition begins and everyone immediately starts taking each other out. Almost twenty minutes pass before it gets down to two people: Lucy and Minerva.

Minerva unleashes blow after blow on to Lucy until she's nearly unconscious. I cringe at how bruised and beat she looks and a certain anger forms in my gut. Minerva then tosses Lucy out of the sphere and she goes crashing toward the ground, but luckily, Natsu and Gray catch her in time. The rest of Team Fairy Tail A gather with them and Sabertooth backs up Minerva.

"Should we go down there?" Gajeel asks.

I almost make a move to leap over the railing to teach Sabertooth what real power is when I remember something. I'm not a member of Fairy Tail. Me getting involved would leave a dent in their ego to have someone not a part of their guild defending one of their members.

I stand back and narrow my eyes on to the field as Lucy is carried away by paramedics and Team Fairy Tail A follows them while Sabertooth goes back to their balcony.

"Let's go to the infirmary before the battles start. We have time," I direct and no one tries to argue.

We rush to the infirmary, and when we arrive, Laxus and I stand in the back. Everyone remains silent as Porlyusica explains the results of her injuries and says that she needs rest.

Makarov soon joins us and announces his plan to merge both teams because of the uneven amount of guilds since Raven Tail's disqualification.

"The new team will be Gajeel, Laxus, Grey, Erza, and Natsu," he says.

"Can I have a minute alone with her?" Natsu asks a few minutes later, not tearing his gaze away from Lucy's limp body.

We all make our way out of the infirmary and walk back to the balconies in silence. When we peer back on to the field, it seems that the tag battle between Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale is coming to an end. The last battle of the day is Natsu and Gajeel versus Sting and Rogue.

It's all about revenge and redemption with this fight. Fortunately, Natsu and Gajeel, or rather Natsu, comes out with the win after a back and forth fight.

The whole time I couldn't let my thoughts wander from a decision that could change my entire life. Today made me realize that I need to do what's right and be there for the people I care about, so that's what I will do.

"We're going to the bar to celebrate again. Do you want to go?" Laxus asks as we exit the arena.

"Yeah, as long as you promise not to get wasted again," I reply.

"I promise."

A happy sigh escapes my mouth. Happiness. I'm going to let myself be happy. It may be selfish, but I don't care anymore. I want to be with Laxus. I want to be with him so bad that it nearly pains me to think of leaving his side.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks as we approach the bar in the moonlight.

"You," I say simply. "You're on my mind a lot."

"So are you. I never stop thinking about you," he admits. "Ever since the day you came in to my life, you're all I think about."

My feet stop on the sidewalk, causing Laxus to stop as well. Without thinking, I reach up and lock my lips with his, needing the contact at the moment with all these emotions flying around.

I pull away and that sexy smirk that Laxus wears is plastered on as I drag him into the bar where Fairy Tail's victory party is in full swing. Laxus tugs me over to a table with the Thunder God Tribe, minus Evergreen, and pulls me onto his lap.

"Pay up!" Bickslow shouts. Freed grumbles and pulls some jewel out of his pocket and places it in Bickslow's hand.

"What was the bet?" I groan.

"When you guys would get together. Evergreen said before the games, so she lost. I said after, so I lost. And Bickslow said during the games, so he wins," Freed complains.

"Where is Evergreen?" I question.

"With Elfman," Bickslow snickers.

"No surprise there." I laugh and look around for a certain guild master, hoping he's not too drunk yet. I spot him at the bar and go to get up, but Laxus stops me.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"I need to talk to Makarov," I say. Laxus nods and releases me. I walk over to the counter and stand next to Makarov as he chrugs a beer. "Can I talk to you outside?"

Makarov looks over, thankfully sober, and agrees. I waltz out of the noisy place and it becomes eerily quiet once Makarov shuts the door.

"What can I help you with?" he asks.

I take a deep breath. "I want to join Fairy Tail."

Makarov's eyes widen. "If I may ask, why?"

"Well, I've grown to really care about a lot of the members as friends and family. When Lucy got hurt and I couldn't do anything about it, I realized I wanted to protect everyone in Fairy Tail," I say.

"And Laxus?" he smirks.

I hum and nod. "I've come to care about Laxus a lot. I want to protect him."

"I'm glad he has found someone like you, (Y/N). I'm sure he's pleased about your decision."

"I haven't talked to him about it," I confess. "It was going to be a surprise, if you don't mind."

"We don't!" a new voice chimes in and a little girl in a pink dress appears.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Fairy Tail's first master!" she announces cheerfully. "Having you as a member will be amazing. Your strength and heart are top notch!"

I stare blankly at the girl until Makarov clarifies. "She's kind of a ghost. Her name is Mavis Vermillion."

"Well, it's an honor to meet you," I say.

"It's so nice to finally talk with you!" Master Mavis says, confusing me but I shrug it off.

Out of nowhere, I feel a pinch on my skin where my independent wizard emblem is, or was. I look at it and now there's a (F/C) Fairy Tail emblem taking its place. I move to cover it from view to keep it a secret.

"Thank you," I say.

"It's our pleasure," Master Makarov says.

No going back now. I'm a member of Fairy Tail. I've thrown my life's work away to shape a new future for myself, and I couldn't be more excited. Now the hard part is telling Crime Sorciere.