Part 7

KATNISS POV

We had to break out. We had to. There just had to be a way out of this place. My daughter couldn't stay here. She knew of its dangers.

Now that I didn't have Gale by my side to help me, I was almost weakened. I couldn't seem to get the picture of his cold, bloodless body out of my head.

Now, Sage and I sat high in a tree looking around at the land. We couldn't go to the top of the trees at all because of the hovercrafts flying around, searching for us.

"Mom, how will Dad find us here? Will he come looking for us?" Sage asked.

I sighed and sat next to her. "I'm sure he is going to find us but I'm uncertain he will come here. That's why we need to get out and find him now." I say.

I watch as a silent tear rolls down her cheek. I catch it an bring her body in close to mine.

"It'll be okay, I promise." I assure her.

"But uncle Gale...!" She chokes out.

"Shhh! It's okay! It was his time." I manage before I begin to sob.

We hold each other close for warmth. And soon we manage to fall asleep.

---------------

PEETA'S POV

We made it. We had finally reached the arena for the 74th Hunger Games. I could see the hovercrafts flying around the sky searching.

I smile. Katniss must have escaped somehow. I was glad she was alive but what did that mean for Gale and my little girl?

I turn to the small group. "How should we go about this?" I ask.

The kids are all tired and could probably not even go much more than a step forward. Madge was still holding Ryan. She looked exhausted. I felt tired, myself but my wife was being hunted down as well as my baby girl. I had to fight for their survival.

"I'll go in alone." I said. Madge protested. "NO! Have you ANY idea what could be inside there!? My husband is in there, too!"

I saw her point.

"Okay. Cinna, you come with Sutton and Paris, Trojan, Esme and Ryan will stay here. You must stay hidden!" I insisted.

We agreed and went in search of our families.