Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Utau’s POV

I place my hand on the familiar red rock. I close my eyes, letting the memories rush through me.

When I open my eyes again they glow red with the Ketsueki-Me.

I form three simple signs with my hands before placing my palms flat on the rock and watch as the wall slides open.

“Follow me.” I command and step inside the dark tunnel.

Akane and the Konaha ninja follow me through many twisting tunnels until I arrive at the door that I had been looking for.

I turn around.

“No one has to follow me inside. Go back to the camp and wait.

“Konahamaru will be arriving on the island at dusk with reinforcements anyway. You guys can meet up with them and show them where to go.”

Akane shakes her head.

“Idiot.”

She walks forward and grabs the door handle and swings it open to reveal a large cavern illuminated by torches.

I frown in confusion and follow her inside.

A dozen or so heads turn as we enter the cavern.

Naruto spots me and shakes his head, muttering to himself. Sakura sees her daughter and starts sobbing noisily.

Akane wipes away tears at the sight of her mother, Hokage, and her fellow shinobi bound to immobility.

Just then another piece of the cavern slides open, sunshine beaming in.

I smile.

“Just in time.” I say as the rest of my group enters the large room. “No trouble getting in I presume?”

“Not at all!” Momoka says cheerily, 13 heads nod in agreement.

3 cloaked figures advance toward our group.

“Nikkou? Kagem?” A soft voice asks.

“Yumi…” Kagem mutters, his eyes downcast.

I whip my head around.

“Yumi.” She turns her head to stare accusingly at me.

“You were my partner Utau. I really looked up to you. I don’t understand what happened.” She shakes her head, her red locks flying.

She freezes when Akane steps forward.

They walk closer to each other, staring wide eyed at their twin.

“Utau…what is going on?” They ask in unison.

I sigh.

“I only realized it a while ago myself. I still don’t fully understand but…” I trail off and turn to look at Sakura.

“Yamataro Mori.” I say, earning a gasp from Sakura.

“He certainly got around didn’t he?” I take a step closer to the shaking pink-ette.

“What does my father have to do with this?” Akane asks.

“Your father? He was my father!” Yumi shouts accusingly.

“Wait, what?” Akane scrunches up her nose in confusion.

“There is one thing I am not sure about. Tell me Sakura, who is Yumi’s mother? It certainly isn’t you is it?” She shakes her head, tears streaming down her face.