49| A Silhouette

Chapter 49: A Silhouette

   Riya woke up to Madhan staring at her. Her face was lying on his chest, and his left hand was gently stroking her back.

   "What's the time?" she asked, groggily.

   "It's nine."

   "What?" Riya sat upright. They were going to be so late to work. "We are so late! What are you doing still in bed?"

   Madhan wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back to his chest. "It's Saturday."

   "Oh. Oops." She struggled to get out of his grip. "Let. Me. Brush."

   Madhan let her go. He followed to his bathroom spanking her butt every now and then. Riya squealed. This was a side of Madhan she was going to have to get used to.

   The moment they finished brushing, he backed her against the bathroom wall, his hands blocking her. Just as he was about to kiss her, she ducked underneath and escaped. She stuck her tongue out and raced to the kitchen.

   A chuckle escaped Madhan's lips. He took a quick shower and was welcomed by the fresh aroma of coffee.

   Riya, who was standing near the dining table, handed him the mug.

   "Get me my newspaper, will you?" Madhan said, taking a sip.

   Riya crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at him. "Excuse me?"

   "Newspaper. Outside?"

   "You're just like my father," she scowled

   "You're just like my father," she scowled. She stomped to the door and bent over to pick it up. But there was no way she was going to let him have it easy. They just kissed and now he's ordering her about? Nope.

   Madhan eyed the paper hungrily. It was a severe addiction. He couldn't go without reading the paper even for one day.

   He frowned when he saw Riya sit on the sofa. "What are you doing?"

   "Reading the paper. Duh." She was sitting cross legged. Since she was holding it so clumsily, the papers inside fell down. "Oooof."

   "Riya," he scowled. "Just give me the paper."

   "Not until I finish reading," she said, stubbornly.

   Madhan tried to understand what it was that ticked her off. Riya behaved weirdly when she was really pissed. Was it because he asked her to bring the newspaper? But that was so silly.

   "Is this my punishment for asking you to bring the newspaper?"

   Riya glanced at him. "Yes," she pouted. "You kiss me and all of a sudden you own me now?"

   Madhan face-palmed. "Drama queen." He rolled his eyes and strolled over to her. Picking up the fallen newspapers, he aligned it neatly. He sat down next to Riya, lifted a protesting her onto his lap, and opened the newspaper.