40| Zucchini Vibes

Dear Stress,

    Let's Break Up!

Important Author's Note at the end!

Chapter 40: Zucchini Vibes

   "Oh my gosh, that guy is a real hottie," Riccha said, Riya's new found friend.

   Sheila had introduced the two of them, and Riccha had an instant liking towards her. She was a very chatty type, and Riya patiently listened to her babble.

   Riya used to be a social butterfly. Meeting new people was her cup of tea. It was after she came here that she stopped socializing.

   Riya looked to where Riccha was pointing. She was pointing towards Armaan and Madhan. Madhan was wearing a red and beige Kurta Pyjama suit. Armaan was wearing dark blue and grey.

   "The blue one's taken," Riya said, casually, sipping her straw. They were waiting at the refreshment table.

   The hall was beautifully designed. The chairs were neatly arranged along the sides, and there was ample space in the middle to dance.

   During every Dandia Night, Riya remembered how people would form a large circle, and dance with Dandia sticks. They would turn to the person on their right, do a couple of pair moves with the sticks, and then they turn to the person on the left. All this they do while moving around in the circle.

   Riya watched as Sheila was dancing a bit too vigorously. She was about to walk over there to stop her, but Armaan beat her to it. She saw him lovingly pull the pouting Sheila away from the circle. After what seemed like a little heated discussion, Armaan laughed and they did a mini dandia dance, with just the two of them.

   Riya smiled watching them. They were so meant to be together.

   "...So I'm gonna go ask him to dance with me," Riccha said.

   Riya turned to Riccha and heard only the last few words.

   "Uhh what?"

   "Never mind. I'll introduce you to two of my other friends. You need more friends here. Sheila told me how lonely you get. She's the only friend you had!"

  Riccha grabbed her hand and dragged her to her friends. Her friends were animatedly talking to each other and Riya felt embarrassed to disturb. One girl was wearing a grand pink Gagra Choli while the other was wearing a yellow sari. Her blouse showed a lot of cleavage, and the back of her blouse showed off her sexy back. Both of them were very beautiful. But Riya felt Riccha was the prettiest.

   "Auroshi, Keerthi, this is Riya. Riya, this is Auroshi and Keerthi."

   The girls said hi and Riya was about to protest but she yelled as she walked away. "I have a conquest to make."

   Riya turned to the girls and smiled awkwardly.

   "So..."

   The yellow sari girl, presumably Auroshi spoke up. "So which part of India are you from?"

   "I'm from Tamil Nadu," she said, shyly.

   "Oh! That's nice. A South Indian eh? We both are from New Delhi. I moved to the US a year ago. But Auroshi has been living here since forever," The other girl said.

   "That's lovely. So what are you two ladies doing here?"

   Auroshi said, "We both are freelance writers. That's how we became friends."