Chapter 9: First Tiny Battle?

Rues P.O.V.

May thrashed her tail. She was growling like something out of a horror movie. Her eyes began to glow as shadows gathered around her paws. Mays pelt began to sink in, tightening until she looked like a skeleton with a brown balloon stretched over her bones.

She looked horrifying.

Hearing a gasp behind me, I looked over my shoulder to see Ralyns eyes wide and her body pressed to the ground.

"May?" she said," What's wrong with you...."

********************

Mays P.O.V.

"What's wrong with you.....?" Ralyns voice was one if many bouncing around in my head. Concentrating, I began to realize that some of the voices were begging me to lead them to 'the other place' as they said.

Maylecs voice floated through, "These are the voices of the dead." she explained, "The ones that couldn't find the way in time and got lost. Our job is to guide them across. Just block them out like you'd shut off a mind link. But hurry, the others are getting freaked out."

With that she showed me an image of what I looked like at the time. I barely had skin! It was there and so was my fur, but you could see my bones through easily! Shadows floated around me and my eyes shown black. I was a monster. Cutting off the voices of the souls, I turned around and looked at the others.

Rue stood tall, trying to look normal, but behind her eyes I could see the fear. Annie crouched behind Ralyn who was pressed against the ground with her blue eyes wide. Kassie peeked out from a hole in the thorn barrier that surrounded her.

It was then that I realized I was making a really freaky sound, and combining that and my current appearance, I probably looked like they're worst nightmare. Sniffing the air, I got another whiff of what made me like this. Rage swept through me as I growled all I could at the moment, "Lukas issss there." My voice came out raspy and nightmarish, scaring even me.

When they didn't take their eyes off me I hissed through my teeth,"We must attack!". That snapped them out of it. Rue crouched low and began to creep forward. I flicked my boney tail out to stop her,

"No. I have a plan......"

********************

Lukas's P.O.V.

I watched the new cat with interest. She was a brave little thing. Challenging the Tiger! Not one of my warriors, or even me could beat the Tiger. So imagine my surprise when the Cougar kept up. Seeing the Lions ears prick up in my direction, I automatically shifted back deeper into the woods at the edge of the clearing.

Finding a log, I sat down. A little time past as I did what I could to rest. As a Shadowman I didn't sleep. Ever. I got my energy from the night. Closing my eyes I let time pass. Suddenly a rustling from the bushes a short way from my log jolted me up. Out stepped the Cougar.

Her glossy fur shone in the light that penetrated the forest canopy. She looked at me with deep watery blue eyes, like the darkness of the ocean. I got chills as she stepped toward me and began to speak,"I wasn't through speaking to you when you decided to leave." She said with a voice like wind chimes.

Oh no. This couldn't be happening. She was my Shadow. Shadowmen's version of a mate. This was not good. She was a freaking Protector!! I was the leader of the Shadowmen!

It was then that I realized she was looking at me expectantly. I put on my best dismissive face. "I had nothing left to say..." I shrugged. She growled at this,"Well now! Is that how welcomes are given in your race?"

With that she began to change. Shadows gathered around her as her skin tightened against her bones making her look skeleton like. Each pawstep she took left a tracks of dead grass. She was beautiful.

Just then, my men burst out of the bushes behind me, all holding gleaming black swords. "Tsk tsk," she rasped in a hellish growl, scaring some of the men,"...and I thought we were becoming the best of friends..." She snarled.

Her eyes sparked dangerously. The Cougar's boney tail lifted slowly in the air, just before the other four wildcats crept out. The Tiger's pelt was covered with ice crystals, the Lion gave off a bright light as flames flickered across her fur, the Leopard's fur sparked over and over, and the Lynx left a wake of growth behind her.

They had discovered they're elements. Oh crap......

*****************

Mays P.O.V.

I grinned at the look on Lukas's men's faces when they saw me. They honestly looked like small children watching Insidious. The weird thing was that I could feel they're fear. It gave me an energy that flowed through my veins.

I lifted my tail, giving the signal to the others. Panic washed over the Shadowmens faces as they saw the others. What the what? I turned my head to see that the others all had their elements in full swing. I chuckled darkly.

Perfect.

I looked at the shadowmen for a moment before bringing my tail crashing down. The signal. I yowled like a beast, leaping forward and diving into the sea of enemies. Swiping my paw out, I tripped one and watched as where my paw had touched left a rot that went through his jeans and started to burn away at his leg. Huh. Cool. Jumping on top of him, I clamped down on his throat, ending him with a shake of my head.

Sweeping through the battle I killed mercilessly. Using the rot, my teeth, and my claws, I was unbeatable. The remaining Shadowmen began disappear into the forest. All but one. Lukas.

I saw Rues eyes glint as she began to race forward to attack him. Lukas's eyes met mine. Something rushed through me and Maylec roared in my mind. Before I knew what I was doing I leaped toward him and knocked him out of the way, claws sheathed.

When my paws touched him it was like no one was there but him. Like an explosion. His skin didn't rot from my touch, in fact it did quite the opposite. Where I touched him, warmth like liquid comfort spread out through my body. Rue growled at me loudly, snapping me out of it. "Why?!" Was all she could get out in her rage.

I pinned Lukas and closed my eyes. Concentrating, I let all my emotions flood through the link. Then I said, "What's wrong with me???" I hissed.

The others eyes widened. Horror flashed across their faces. "What is it?! Tell me!!" I snapped. Annie took a deep breath before saying," He's your mate..." She all but whispered.

Finally Maylec opened her mind up and within seconds I knew what mate ment. Oh crap. Not good.

************************************

Alrighty fans what do y'all think? Like the little twist? I hope y'all are enjoying the story!! Anyway PLAESE comment and tell me what u think!! Or vote:) that'll work too:)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Mo