Valentine's Special Part 2: Chocolate (or not)

Just a reminder to everyone that these short stories has nothing to do with the main story, and may be happening at any point in the story timeline, meaning their relationships with each other, and the characters themselves may or may not be different/unfamiliar.

This is continuing on from the last chapter <3

............................

"Hmmmm. What do we need to make chocolate?"

The two of us stood in the center of the kitchen, surveying the room around us.

At that moment, the spirits ran through the doors, holding up the laptop.

"Let us help! Let us help!" Kotetsu jumped about us, waving the laptop about in glee.

Thankfully, Onikiri plucked the precious (well, expensive) technology from him into her steady hands.

"I've found a wonderful recipe"

 Opening up a web page, she read.

"'Lovey-dovey heart-be-mine chocolates. These chocolates will be sure to make you seem irresistible to that special someone; their heart will be as good as yours!' It says here, 'in-gre-di-ents . One cup of your tears, three packs of cocoa beetle powder, one grated dead man's finger, medium, two tablespoons of ground moth wing, a quarter cup of powdered lizard milk and a block of cocoa butter. Do we have those, Tomoe-dono?"

I glanced over at Tomoe, wide-eyed and slightly revolted by what I heard. It also doesn't sound like a very user-friendly recipe. Tomoe seemed to have a similar idea, a frown gracing his features. Onikiri, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be bothered at all.

Turning to me, he gave me a quick wink and took my hand. 

"Well. It seems that we don't have any of that currently stocked in our kitchen, so I will take (y/n) and go find somewhere to buy some. We may be a while, so don't expect us to be home too soon."

With that, he tore me out of the kitchen towards the front door.

"Where are we going to find any of those things?" I asked as I pulled on my shoes.

"I don't think making chocolates at home are such a good idea. I'm too afraid of what Onikiri might slip in." He answered as he wrapped a scarf around me. "Your tail." He reminded as he made his own  disappear with a soft puff of smoke.

"Right." I masked it, along with my ears. "So if we aren't going shopping, what are we doing?"

"Well, you wanted chocolate didn't you?"

.............................

"Choco Patisserie? I've never heard of it." 

The town came into view as we walked through the last of the mountain tori gates.

"It's a new place I heard about from Nanami. She's been rambling on about how much she wanted to eat the strawberry shortcake again since it was so good. They should be haveing a special chocolate event right now."

As we walked down the main street side by side, many of the pedestrians actually stopped in their tracks to stare at us. 

"Wow look at that couple! The ones in traditional clothing."

"The girl is stunning."

"Are they models?"

"Maybe they're shooting a movie? Look at the way she walks! It's so elegant."

"And the white haired guy is so handsome!"

"Should we go talk to them?"

"Don't be an idiot! You'd only be disrupting them."

I felt uncomfortably exposed under the stares as if I was put on display naked and had nowhere to run or hide. My hand trembled uncontrollably. Feeling the fear rise, I stared down hard at the ground in front of my feet as my breath grew uneven, fists clenched tight. Something suddenly brushed against my hand.

I gasped in shock, the fear bringing pricks of tears to my eyes. Whipping my head up, I saw that it was Tomoe's hand. He gave me a lopsided smile and grabbed my clenched fist. Smoothing out my fingers, he studied my palm; I'd held myself so tightly that my nails left behind angry red crescent welts. He lifted my hand to his lips, gently kissing the marks, before linking his fingers through mine. I, however, still too distraught, was trying hard to slow my breathing. 

Without warning, he wrapped his free arm around me and rested his forehead against mine. That made me stop breathing completely. He stared into my eyes like he was trying to read my mind.

"It's okay." He cooed. My breath left me in a huff.

"Take a slow breath in." I took a sharp gasp.

"Slowly, slowly. Now let it out." He chuckled and smoothed the back of my hair. My breath shook, my lip trembled, and I blinked away tears.

Pulling me closer, he rested his chin on the top of my head, my face hidden in the hollow at the base of his neck. Our hands still linked, he rocked my gently, mumbling unintelligible comforts in my ear. He held me there until I could breathe normally again. Placing a kiss on my hair, he leant down to look me in the eye.

"You'll be ok." And as if to say "I've got you" , he gave our linked hands a gentle squeeze.

"Let's go get you some chocolates."

<3

......................................

AHHHHHHHHHH I MAY NOT FINISH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO THERE'S SUDDENLY SO MANY THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM WHYYYYYYYYYY

I'll try my best :') but it may not be timed perfectly with valentine's anymore.