Chapter 5: He's my WHAT?! (part 2)

Bonjour à tous! I'm back with the second part of the story. I'm SOOOOOO sorry for taking forever to update. Teachers have decided to torture me with SACs ( - school assessed coursework - for those who don't live in Victoria - Australia - they're basically mini exams that count towards our finals)

Now I know the cover picture isn't from kamisama, but Miketsukami-kun is also a kitsune and Ririchiyo-chan is quite similar to (y/n) - their from inu x boku SS. Don't they match so well?? *fangirl moment. Reika stares suggestively at (y/n) who's sitting next to Tomoe and she blushes.

........................

Tanuki brothel - the world over yonder

........................

"Tomoe-dono! So this is where you were!!" Onikiri and Kotetsu burst through the door of the room that Tomoe and two tanuki girls were lounging in. The smell of stale sake and freshly opened sake mixed in a ungodly way, tainting the already stuffy air in the room.

"You want something?" replied Tomoe causally. His kimono was half open, showing off his chiseled chest and his haori was falling off his shoulders hazardously, pooling in a violet pile on the floor. The two tanuki girls were draped all over him, and he stank of sake.

"TOMOE-DONO!!!" Shocked and horrified, the shrine spirits rushed towards Tomoe. 

"How deplorable, Tomoe-dono!! A familiar who serves a GOD ..." 

" ... Already drinking even though it's still the middle of the day, holed up in the red-light district!!" 

"How sad will Mikage-sama be if he knows of this!!"

Tomoe, on the other hand, didn't share their sentiments, but was rather annoyed that they were ruining his day of enjoying women and sake. Clucking his tongue and rolling his eyes, he frowned at the spirits. 

"Unfortunately, Mikage is no longer around. Whether I get drunk or turn barbarous, it's totally up to me. You're too loud."

"Tomoe-dono!! Please get changed at once!! And you two! Get out of here!" The two shirine spirits were desperately trying to redress Tomoe, while he uncooperatively tried to drink his sake. Seeing that the tanuki girls were still there, Kotetsu tried to get them to leave, but it seems to only have the opposite effect.

"My! Such impertinence from will-o'-the-wisp children! You two LEAVE!!" yelled the two tanukis as they kicked at the battered spirits.

"Exactly," agreed Tomoe, calmly sipping his sake, ignoring the commotion. He didn't realise that Nanami was fuming behind the paper door.

"You must return to the shrine, Tomoe-dono"

"And become Nanami-sama's familiar!" Onikiri and Kotetsu still didn't give up, even though they were getting quite bruised from the kicks of the tanukis.

"Do you not care if the shrine goes to ruin?"

Upon hearing Kotetsu say this, Nanami's heart thudded. She'd only stayed a night in that shrine, so she didn't care for it too much, but she still didn't want it to go to ruins. As Nanami stood there, listening to their banter, she tried to remember what she was going to say to Tomoe, but the way he was treating Onikiri and Kotetsu right now was making her so angry that she can't remember even why she wanted to speak to him in the first place. Beside her, (y/n) bit the inside of her cheek, trying to contain the anger she felt towards the fox.

"I don't really care. It can break down or whatever." Nanami froze at those words. He didn't care. Even though it was his home, even though he had a home, he didn't care?! It struck her like lightning, the anger and disappointment she felt towards the ex-familiar.