Interview with poppysocks

Username: poppysocks

Member Since:July 29, 2011

Works on Wattpad: Nine

 1.       What inspired you to write your first book?

My first book was called "Surviving Summer" and well I got the idea from the fact it was the start of the summer holidays (Or summer vacation as Americans call it :-)) 

  2.       How did you come up with the title?

Well the main character Chantelle has been sent off to summer camp and she absolutely hates it. So that’s why its called surviving summer, because she's one of those teenagers who just wanna sit around and listen to music and hang out with their friends all summer.

 3.       What are your current projects?

My new story "Who’s Laughing Now" mostly, but I do bring out chapters of some of my other stories as well (But not as much).

4.       Who designed the cover of one of your books?

Well sunlight123 made a few book covers for me, they are well awesome :-)

 5.       What was the hardest part of writing your book?

There are a lot of hard things, like grammar and trying to keep it interesting etc. And I am not to good at a lot of them stuff, but I have improved, from starting off (On the Sims 3 website) with rubbish dead end stories, to Ok-ish story's on Wattpad

 6.       Do you see writing as a career?

I'd love to be an author when I'm older! But I doubt that'll ever happen. But you never know. Lol

7.       Do you have any advice for other writers?

To be a writer you have to be able to have time to write, if you can only do it maybe a few times a month, there’s really no point, but if you’re like me, and you have lots of time, writing is perfect for you.

 8.       Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers before we go?

If you want to be an author and you think you’re no good, just keep trying. At first I thought to myself "What am I doing? I can't write a story" now I feel a lot more confident.

Thanks :-)

 Comment and vote to support this writer, Im sure they will appreciate it :)