t w e n t y f o u r

A timid laugh left her lips the moment she hears the sound of acoustic guitar playing throughout the shop. Soon after, he starting singing to and she couldn't help but hum along.

As Jongdae was singing, his eyes never diverted from looking at her. And having the notes of the song on the lower side, he was happy that he could sing and watch her throughout the song.

Reaching the last verse, he smiled a bit as he sung the part he wanted to dedicate to her, "I really like that you're here, because we're together, you're so good,"

She somehow felt elevated hearing those lyrics and even more on the fact it was Jongdae who was the one singing it. Her eyes got teary and her heart had been filled with a monsoon of gratitude for this small — but very meaningful gesture from him.

On impulse, she sang along under her breath to the last few lines.

And I know it's on your mind,
Baby now I'm never ever leaving by your side,
I'll become your song,

Letting out a giggle, he had a slight tint of embarrassment on his cheeks and ran his hand through hair. Standing up, he made his way to her and sat next to her. Still with the blush on his cheeks and a bright smile.

"So, how did you make the decision to choose this song?" she asked, her smile still stretching wide.

It took him awhile to process her question. He was too immersed in seeing that rare smile that painted joy on her face and emitted radiance that lit up every inch of his heart.

"You're not going to ask why I did this? Rather, you wanted to ask how I made the decision to sing this song?" he placed his elbow on the table and rested his face against his knuckles as he looked at her and asked her.

"Because it's very Kim Jongdae to do something like this, so I'm not surprised with that. Just a bit curious about, why this song?" just like his actions, she did the same laughed as they had the exact same gesture and expression.

"This is your song favourite song. And I want to be your song. It's that simple," he answered, tapping lightly on her nose as he said 'your' and placed the focus of his answer all on the word 'your'.

"You've always been my song."