t w e n t y o n e

"Why?" she questioned, her hand pulling off one of the earphones.

"Did you seriously thought I walked with you using the long way just for you to leave me hanging in front of your house?" a brow raised, he tugged on her hand gently.

Turning around on her heels, she faced the pouty Jongdae. "Take care of yourself, make sure to get some rest once you get home. Don't forget to do your homework. I'll see you tomorrow," she waved to him, wanting him to start his steps to head back to his residency.

Letting out a chuckle of disbelief, he shook his head slightly. Finally letting go of her hand, he questioned her, "Why do you think, made me want to walk the long way back?"

"Because you wanted me to do some exercise?" shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"Nope. Guess again," his response made her brain head to work but she ended up with having zero ideas on his intention. Shaking her head, she plastered on a tired expression, wanting him to get on with whatever he was doing.

"So, even if we took the long way, eventually we'll arrive at the destination we wanted to right?" she nodded, agreeing with his statement.

"Taking from that, even if you're facing difficulties, like how to be the person people won't look at differently, in the end, they'll see you in the same way as I do," he explained, smiling brightly at her.

"I would not agree with you on that but seeing that I really want to go in quickly so I could get some nap time, I'll just accept that metaphor. Thank you for trying Jongdae," a timid smile carved on her face.

"Time is just a factor, everything will be alright in the end, love."