e i g h t e e n

"There is absolutely nothing you could do or say to make me get out of bed and join you for that party," she said as she continued to be wrapped like a burrito on her bed.

"Are you really that keen on not wanting to socialize?" he asked as he sits at the edge of the bed, looking at his girlfriend snuggling, wanting to fall back asleep.

"Well, it's easy for you. People come to talk to you. But when I try to talk, people just, I really don't want to talk about it. Just go yourself," tinted with sadness at the end of her speech, she let out a sigh and covered her whole body under the sheets.

"I know it's hard for you to feel like you're a part of the people, but it does not help to be apart of trying," he replied before laying himself next to her.

"It really feels heartbreaking and just saddening, in fact, pathetic that people see you try hard but they still keep you feeling that way. I hate people. I don't want to be apart of them," her voice, a bit muffled due to the sheets blocking the sound waves of her words.

"You're still a person, hence a part of the group we call people," looking at the blanket, in the hopes she'll pop her head out. Which she did, him welcoming her with a smile that she responded with an emotionless expression.

"I'm a burrito if you can't clearly see right now," he laughed at her reply.

"Just because some people make you feel like so, you shouldn't block anyone else who wants to try and be your friend. Take me for example," he placed a hand on his chest. "I was the one who talked to you first and interacted with you, which shows that there are people that would socialize with you."

He took an end of the blanket and joined her to be a burrito. His constant chattering and nagging, ultimately made her follow him to the party and learnt to socialize after avoiding anything involving socializing for god know how long.