Chapter Three

Hey my little honey bees!

Before I begin with the chapter, I just wanted to tell y'all a couple of things. Okay the first one. All this morning I had been on my sister's iPad2. So i wasn't about to type as fast as I normally would because I'm not good with the iPad2 yet but when I began typing, the ipad2 got a mind of it's own and thought it would be really funny to publish it before I was ready. It made me mad but I've got my laptop back. And another thing, I can not thank you enough for all the fans that I have gotten over the past 24 hours. I want to thank every single one of you because y'all are the reason that I write.(:

Okay so before I bore you to death; grab some hot chocolate, get a blanket, lay back, and read chapter three.!!!

Not edited yet (:

Chapter Three

We were in the woods. It had begun to get dark once my father had turned the corner in the truck infront of us to go down this dirt road. The trees were casting shadows over the trucks, making it seem darker than it really is. I would admit, I was terrfied. I had never been to one of these rituals and all my life that I had known that I was a werewolf, I had been hoping that I would never have to attend one.

I guess it was safe to say that I was more concerned about the people in the other pack, rather than the actual ritual itself. We had always been the only pack in my old town, so we weren't exactly sure how other packs acted. Hoping that they were cocky jerks or preppy snobs was the only thing that I could do.

My father's truck ran over the shadows, leaves, and branches as it drove infront of us. I was wondering what my father had going through his mind right now. I wondered if he was as nervous as I was, after all he was the alpha. He was the one that had to deal with all of us if something got out of hand.

My pack was very protective over their land and each other. If someone from the other pack, said anything out of the way to us then they could expected to be back talked. I know that my pack-including myself- wouldn't stand for people thinking that they were better than us, considering that all of us were put on this earth as equal individuals.

My father had the rough end of the stick this time. Usually, I handled the things that my pack did because I was the future alpha once my father decided that it was his time to step down. It was kind of like he was the king and I was the princess, only we just ruled over maybe twenty people while the king and princess ruled over an entire country. My father knew that I was ready, but me? Well, I was sure of anything. I wasn't the leader type in my mind, according my father's mind, I was. It was all up to him. But I knew that I could probably control this pack more than my father could when it came to somethings. When it came to calming them down and making them back out from a fight, then I was probably the only person who could do that. I would admit, that if somebody said something out of the way to me, then I was going to be talking back but I knew when enough was enough. My father was more of the logical one and dealt more with the rituals and making sure that we all did the right thing. He couldn't get this pack to shut up and calm down if it saved his life.

As we drove deeper and deeper into the woods, the anxiety grew within me. I didn't want to be nervous-I knew that I shouldn't be nervous- but I was. Shane must have felt that I was nervous because he intertwined his fingers with mine and began rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I calmed down a little but I was still nervous.

I began shaking my foot, something I did when I was nervous. I used to bite my nails but when they began looking like something other than fingernails, I stopped. It was a bad habit that I am glad that I got rid of.

I glanced over at Shane. He was sitting straight up, with his eyes focused on what was infront of him. I was lucky that I had him. He was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It was safe to say, that he was the only person in the world who could make me feel better about things. I could explain anything to him and he'd be sitting there, taking in everything that you had to say.