Chapter Fourteen

Staring at the blank ceiling of my dark bed room, my mind kept switching between Shane and the glow-in-the-dark-stars that I had been meaning to go buy and put up. I had been lying there for about an hour, just thinking about the events that had happened that day.

    For one, I had my first day of school. Then I got my first kiss. I should be all smiles, but I'm not. I'm worried sick. What if Shane rejects my mate feelings? Ever since we got home, Shane kept busy doing something and I'm sure that he didn't want to look me in the eyes. I was stupid for ever believing that we would ever be mates.

    But wasn't he the one that suggested that I kiss him? Wasn't he the one that pulled my face towards his?

    My head was pounding from the confusion.

    My dad was skeptical when we came into the house but I was refusing to talk. How could I smile when I had just had my first kiss and I was sure that I was terrible? I mean, yeah he said that I was amazing but he hasn't talked to me since we came home. Was that supposed to mean something?

    Nobody had bothered to come and talk to me because they probably all knew of what had happened earlier. They probably knew that Shane and I were going through the whole confusing mate stage but if they knew about it, would that make Shane the only person who didn't know about us being possible mates?

    I groaned in frustration and turned over on my bed. How could this get more frustrating? I thought about just curling up in a ball and going to sleep-when the door creaked open. I didn't want to look because I had a feeling who it was. We did share the same room anyway.

    "Are you awake, sweetie?" I heard the unexpected voice come from towards the door. I looked up in confusion-only to see my father standing in the door way, his shadow making it's way into the dark room.

    "Yeah, I don't think I can sleep." I confessed, rolling over so I would have been able to see him better. He came all the way in and searched on the wall for the light switch. After a couple seconds of being unsuccessful, he finally switched on the light. I, immediately, closed my eyes because I had been laying in the dark for the past hour and the sudden light wasn't what I was used too.

    He brought my office chair over next to the bed and for a moment, we just sat in silence. I took in the looks of my father. For someone being in their mid-thirties, he looked pretty good. He was huge, mainly from being a werewolf, and tan, once again from being a werewolf. The werewolf genes that males inherited did wonderful things to their body but to their mind-it did nothing but evil. They were sarcastic and easy to angry and hotheaded.   The things werewolf genes to a woman's body were unexplainable.

     "I don't mean to be disrespectful but is there a reason why you're sitting in my room?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbow and looking at my father, suspiciously.

     "I needed to talk to you about something." He confessed.

     "Talk to me about what?" I asked.

      "Shane."

     I ran my fingers through my hair as a sigh escaped my lips. "He probably hates me now." I mumbled.

     "I wouldn't be too quick to judge if I were you."

     "What are you talking about, daddy?" I asked, my attention shooting towards him.

      "Shane...........he's been talking to me for the past hour."

      "About what?"

      "You."

      "What did he say?" A bolt of curiousity shot through me and I felt like I had to know what he was saying about me. I had never cared about what people said but this was Shane. Every word that escpaed his mouth ment a lot.