Chapter Eight

"What did he say to you?" Shane growled as I pulled open my locker, which happened to be right beside his. Whoever made the arrangement that Shane and I would be in every class and have a locker right next to each other's was the best person in the world. Although, my father seemed to come to mind whenever I thought about who could have done that.

     "Nothing important." I replied. I threw my bag that was now usless to me into the locker and began looking through the textbooks that had already been stashed in there. I grabbed the Literature one and then pulled a notebook out of my bag along with a pencil that I then pushed into my pocket.

     "Both of us know that he didn't just say nothing important. I can tell when somebody has made you mad and he definitely has." Shane responded. I gave him a sideways glance and then rolled my eyes. At times, it was very nice when you knew that somebody was going to be extremely protective over you, but other times it was annoying because I could never keep anything to myself. I know that I probably shouldn't have told Channing that Shane and I were mates in the first place, but that should have gave him a clue to stay away. If I ended up telling Shane all of that then there was no telling what his response would be.

       "Just forget about it. Nothing happened, just two people conversing. Nothing big." I responded. He slammed his locker shut and then turned to me with his Literature book in hand.

      "You know that I'm not going to be able too," he nearly murmured. I looked at him and almost considered telling him everything but then realized that would be a really idiotic move of me. I couldn't tell him! That would make everybody's lives horrible. I wasn't going to risk that.

      "Well, you're going to have to. You know that I tell you everything but this isn't as important as you think it is. I can handle it." I protested. I knew that Shane would be a little taken back by my actions-and the look on his face only proved my predictions to be correct-but I honestly can say that I didn't really care. In a way, I was getting kind of upset with him because he was being too over protective with me and kind of acting possessive. At some points, that was amazing because he was gorgeous and hey, what's wrong with a sexy guy being obsessed over you? Then again, I couldn't get any privacy. All that thinking was giving me a headache.

     "Okay, Okay. I'll forget about it.....for now. If he does anything like lay a hand on you then I swear I won't be able to control myself." He nearly growled. I walked a couple of feet to be right infront of him and laid my hand on his shoulder, to make him calm down. He was nearly shaking because he was so mad and I could not have him bursting into a wolf right then and there. 

      "I can handle it, Shane. Don't worry." I gave him a reassuring smile and I felt him calm down under my tough. I let out a sigh of relief and then turned back to my pack, which seemed to not be able to keep their voices down if it saved their life.

       "I'll see y'all later!" Emma practically shouted over everybody as she began walking away with a guy that was in Channing's pack. Well, the loudest person was gone so maybe the rest of them would calm down.

     Ava locked arms with me and stared at me with a grin on her face. "Shall we be going to Literature with the hunky lads?" Ava asked with an old time English accent. I chuckled at her and then turned my attention to Shane, who was smiling at her random out burst as well.

    The next thing I knew, Channing was standing infront of me with that mocking smirk on his face. I had to hold back the urge of slapping him and I'm sure that Shane was doing the exact same thing.  I could definitely tell that he was the type of person to never give up on things, which was totally awesome except when it came to Shane. Nobody had ever gone against Shane because they all knew that they probably wouldn't make it out alive. In our old town, Shane had a reputation of fighting anybody and everybody that dared to make a statement against him. He was labeled as the bad boy of the town-and even though that was highly sexy-it was obvious that here, Channing was the big dog.