Chapter Seventeen

Stepping out of the shower, I felt like everything was finally right in my life. Until the thought of Channing accidently ran through my mind. How could everything in life be so right and then someone could mess it up so easily?  I slightly groaned at the thought of him, hand-drying my dripping wet hair with a blue towel. I had a black robe tied tightly around my body that was just recently dried.

       I heard footsteps outside of the bathroom door before I heard a slight knock. "Is it who I think it is?" I asked, dropping the towel into the hamper as I walked towards the door.

      "Who do you think it is?" I heard a sexy voice behind the door. Creaking it open, I let my head peak out to see Shane standing there in new clothes for the day. He was wearing a dark grey shirt with graphic designs on it along with dark blue jeans. His hair-like always- was spiked up to perfection. The smirk on his face when I looked at him with a smile was obvious.

      'Well, hello there. You clean up nice." I looked at him from head to town before returning to his face. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and smiled at me. That smile was something that I had always loved about him. His smile meant the world to me because that-along with his eyes-showed me his true feelings. I had always known that he had a small crush on me but I wasn't sure just how much he was into me before those two kisses that we shared the day before.

     "Hey, thank you. I'm sure you will too." He stepped forward to where the door was the only thing inbetween us. With his head bent down, he gently kissed my forehead and raked his fingers through my damp hair.

      "You probably like me better in this robe. You just won't tell me." I said, chewing on my bottom lip.

      "I wasn't going to say anything but now that you mention it. Yeah, I do like that robe actually." He played with the ends of my hair while he spoke, causing me to smile.

        "Would you want me to wear only this to school?" I asked.

         "No, you're mine and nobody else can look." He nearly barked at me.

         "Just checking." I gave him a wink and a smile.

       "You should have known."

        "I do now. So please get out. I have to get to my dresser."

       "You can come out. You have a robe on remember."

       "I don't want you to get the wrong idea."

      "I already have." He backed up and then sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for me to come out of the bathroom. Glancing at the clock, I had less than twenty minutes until I had to be at school and waiting for Shane to leave was going to hold me back. I couldn't be late for a second day of school. Ignoring Shane like he wasn't even there, I stepped out of the bathroom and stared at him. His eyes trailed up and down my body, he licked his lips causing my jaw to drop.

       "You're a perv." I said, walking towards the dresser and pulling out the articles of clothing that I would need to cover my body and keep Shane from having a heart attack.

       "You're my newly founded girlfriend! What do you expect?" He asked, tucking his hands behind his head and falling back on the bed-his eyes never leaving my body.

       Holding the clothes to my chest, I walked back to the bathroom door. I stopped and turned around. "You are something else, Shane."

       "You are hot but you don't hear me complaining."

       "Whatever you say."

       "Exactly."

       I slammed the door shut and began working. Turning on my blow dryer, I took a few minutes to get my hair dry enough for the straightener before I plugged that in and let it heat up. I ended up changing into a white NASCAR t-shirt with Kasey Kayne on the front with his car number. Slipping on some blue jeans, I heard a noise from my room.