Chapter Fifteen

Shane didn't stay by my side all night like I had expected him too. I think he stayed in bed for about an hour, just tossing and turning in every single direction before he finally got up. I was pretending that I was asleep so he wouldn't say anything but in a matter of second after he stood up from the bed, I heard my door close. Why couldn't he sleep?

    I thought about getting up and going to talk to him, but I knew that wouldn't work. He had said something to my father that he didn't want me to find out. Why? I have no idea. I wanted to know what had been said but my father wouldn't tell me and it kind of felt like Shane wasn't going to budge. Shane was the only person who could tell me but he wasn't moving.

    I pulled the blanket up and laid there, just staring out the window that was on the wall. The moon could be seen from the window. It wasn't completely full but it would be that upcoming night. When the moon was full, all werewolves got a little cranky. Shane must have been feeling that effect.

    Brushing the situation off, I let my eyes close and I drifted off into sleep. I couldn't sleep as well because I knew that Shane wasn't next to me like he was on most nights, but I still slept. I tossed and turned in the bed, wanting Shane near me when I heard a loud crash from downstairs.

     My head shot straight up and without any hesitation, I was out the door and running down the stairs. Chances were that nobody else in the house would have heard it because it was the middle of the night. The boys had probably fallen asleep with the television blasting and the girls most likely had the radio turned wide open. My parents on the other hand, I wasn't sure whether they had heard it or not.

     I ran straight to the sound of the noise which had came from the kitchen. When I came into the room, I saw that a small light was turned on, causing the room to be slightly lit up. There was a chair laying down on the floor, which is probably the cause of the sound that I had heard. Sitting up against the wall in the corner, was Shane with his head laying down on his knees.

    I walked straight up to Shane, not paying attention to anything else. "What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't make a sound or move an inch when I spoke up. Something was wrong...terribly wrong. One minute he was all sweet talking me about not ignoring his feelings and the next thing I knew, he was downstairs throwing things around. Shane had never acted like that before.

     "Are you okay?" I bent down to where he would be able to see my face clearly if he just looked up. His forehead was resting on his knee, not leaving me any room to catch even the smallest glimpse of his face.

     "Shane." I touched his arm, feeling the warmth and his muscles because of the tank top that he was wearing. The arm that wasn't touching, shot up and grabbed a hold of my wrist. My mouth parted slightly by the quick reaction that I wasn't expecting.

     "Don't touch me," His growling voice reached my ears.

     "What's wrong?" I asked, my voice coming out in a whisper.

       "Nothing. Go back to your room."

      "It's our room now, remember?"

     He said nothing after that. Racking through my mind, I tried to come up with all the possibilites of why he was acting that way. Shane was never the person to sit around and just mope, he never had anything to be mad about. I guess the past two days had been too much to handle. I was still trying to deal with the stress but I knew that Shane was going to help me through most of it.

     "Tell me what's wrong." I positioned myself to where I was sitting criss-crossed right in front of him. My hands were placed in my lap, mainly due to the fact that he wouldn't let me touch him.