Chapter Two: Through To Bootcamp.

|~Lily~|

I looked out onstage and watched Louis greet the judges, giving them his charming smile. I rolled my eyes, turn on the charms he may, but the voice would get him through. He had a fantastic unique voice that meant every word he sang.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson." he said, with a cheery smile. Cheryl widened her eyes, glancing at Simon beside her.

"Forgive me, but you wouldn't be related to Lily? She was on just before you, and your faces are so alike."

"Remarking resemblance," Dannii commented.

"Yeah, Lily's my sister." he said, "we came here together."

I chuckled. The music played and I could practically feel his anxiety as he raised the mic to his lips.

"Come on, Lou," Stan urged.

"You can do it!" Hannah hissed.

"That's it, baby," Mum added as his first notes sounded, clear and harmonious. My stomach churned with nerves for him.

Please let him get through!

I watched with a wide eyes and a beaming smile as he got four yeses, with Hey There Delilah.

"Looks like you're competing against your brother, then," Mum said, and her face radiated pride.

"This should be interesting!" Lottie smirked, looking sideways at Fizzy.

"Well done!" I exclaimed, gathering Louis in a hug when he walked off. "Brilliant. You were brilliant."

After we congratulated him, we went out for a celebratory dinner.

It was the nicest Nando's had ever tasted.

# ~ # ~ # ~ #

During lunch with April later that week, my phone buzzed.

"Check your email." It was Louis.

"What? Why?"

"Check it!" He sounded thrilled. I hung up, called over a waitress to ask for the wifi password and logged into my email.

My breath hitched when I saw an email waiting from The X Factor UK.

Congratulations, contestants! You have made it through the final stage of Auditions. Your audition tapes were reviewed and we cut the contestants down. You have made it through to Bootcamp. Please be in the studio at midday, Thursday 21st of May. Well done for advancing!

I slammed my milkshake down on the table, spilling it across the surface.

"Lily, you fucker-"

"April!" I prodded her arm. "April!
I made Bootcamp."

"What."

I showed her the email. She squealed and hugged me and we bought another round of milkshakes.

Louis gave me a huge hug as soon as I got home. "God! I'm so happy!" He laughed, spinning me around.

"They said they'd email us the list of song choices."

"Awesome, cool. Have you told Mum?"

"I'll tell her when she gets back from work."

"Louis, we did it." I whispered in awe. "Louis, we're going to become stars!"

"Steady on, cowgirl," he chuckled. "Only Bootcamp."

"I will not go home now," I said firmly. "I will not let this be a waste of hope and time."